9 months ago
Use demand signals to plan, prepare, and implement negotiation strategies. Manage effective competitive bidding process including analyzing and evaluating proposals along with negotiating and selecting or recommending suppliers. Manage inventory levels to maximize turns while maintaining fill rates.
I. Perform a variety of activities in support of successfully procuring and arranging for delivery of materials, services, and supplies for assigned parts/commodities.
II. Identify cost reduction opportunities and strategies for assigned parts/commodities.
III. Accountable for supplier cost reduction and cost avoidance commitments.
IV. Identifies and supports opportunities for long-term agreements.
V. Use demand signals to plan, prepare, and implement negotiation strategies.
VI. Manage effective competitive bidding process including analyzing and evaluating proposals along with negotiating and selecting or recommending suppliers.
VII. Manage inventory levels to maximize turns while maintaining fill rates.
VIII. Preparation of purchase orders and follow through to expedite delivery and shipments.
IX. Review defective or unacceptable goods with inspection or quality control to determine source of trouble and take corrective action in a timely matter.
X. Analyze market and industry conditions/material costs and develop supply recommendations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Finance, or related field.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to generate quantitative improvements in supplier delivery, quality, and costs is very desirable.
· Self-motivated, persistent, hands-on, result oriented, well organized with ability to handle multiple. projects within expected time frame with a sense of urgency.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and planning skills are required.
· Ability to work in a close team environment and under tight deadlines.
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize as necessary.
· Highly responsive to internal and external customer requirements, with a high attention for detail.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to make critical decisions and problem solve.
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Recruiting Company: ABLE
: Individual Contributor
: First Shift
: 08/22/2017, 11:01:12 PM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.