9 months ago
Lift your career to new heights. At Textron Aviation, our culture allows you to grow within the company while building your career. Developing new leaders and encouraging innovative ideas are critical to the success of our organization. The Textron Aviation segment of Textron Inc. is the leading general aviation authority and home to the iconic Beechcraft, Cessna and Hawker brands which account for more than half of all general aviation aircraft flying. These brands bring together decades of unmatched experience in designing, building and supporting aircraft. From design to flight, Textron Aviation has become an industry leader through our belief in having the Right People in the Right Place at the Right Time. Are you ready to elevate your career?
Candidate will be responsible for design, development and testing of aircraft interior commodities and their installations. This includes modeling/drafting of parts, assemblies, and installations using Catia V5/V6. Interior commodities may include aircraft cabinets, seats, composite panels and air ducts, soft goods and special finishes. Design assignments are executed under the direction of the Interior Engineering Supervisor with an emphasis on meeting and or exceeding customer requirements while maintaining the New Product Development schedule.
Job Responsibilities (may include, but not limited to):
• Manage the planning, developing and coordination of important engineering projects
• Coordinate with both internal stakeholders as well as multiple outside suppliers on Design for Manufacturability, cost, and schedule
• Act as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
• Actively work to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets or exceeds customer requirements
• Maintain a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company products and processes.
• Bachelor’s Degree in:
• Mechanical Engineering
• Aerospace Engineering
• Previous professional experience thru an internship or Coop is preferred.
• Knowledge of Six Sigma principals is beneficial.
• Catia V5 or V6 experience with design emphasis on metals as well as fiberglass and plastic composites preferred
• Experience with design and construction of aircraft interiors preferred
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Builds and maintains constructive relationships
• Quickly grasps new concepts when faced with unfamiliar tasks
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Recruiting Company: Textron Aviation
: Individual Contributor
: First Shift
: 08/17/2017, 1:52:45 PM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.