9 months ago
Lift your career to new heights. At Textron Aviation, our culture allows you to grow within the company while building your career. Developing new leaders and encouraging innovative ideas are critical to the success of our organization. The Textron Aviation segment of Textron Inc. is the leading general aviation authority and home to the iconic Beechcraft, Cessna and Hawker brands which account for more than half of all general aviation aircraft flying. These brands bring together decades of unmatched experience in designing, building and supporting aircraft. From design to flight, Textron Aviation has become an industry leader through our belief in having the Right People in the Right Place at the Right Time. Are you ready to elevate your career?
The Intern - Communications is responsible for overall communications programs related to specific business lines and departments within Textron Aviation, designed to promote the products and company. This position works closely with members of the Senior Leadership Team on a consistent basis in developing key communications plans and materials.
The position will create and implement a comprehensive media and customer communications program, designed to inform, educate and engage customers and media around the globe on the Company’s products and position within the marketplace via a number of communications channels.
1. Create, implement and oversee external communications programs and public relations activities, including product announcements, news release development, media events and interview execution, and news coverage dissemination. This includes travel to key domestic and international tradeshows and other venues involving media and company executives.
2. Develop effective relationships with key members of the media and serve as an official company spokesperson with responsibility for media relations strategies for local, trade, business, consumer and international media.
3. Coordinate projects with international public relations agencies to ensure relevant coverage in key global markets.
4. Coordinate creation and dissemination of content for various channels, including customer communications and social media platforms, by leveraging internal and external resources.
5. Provide counsel and support for crisis management and executive communications, including aiding in the preparation of key external presentations, talking points and/or speeches as needed for senior leaders.
6. Develop and sustain processes to continually improve the efficiency of the communications function and channels, including measuring impact of communications and accuracy of resulting coverage.
Partner with other Textron business units to leverage external communications opportunities, specifically around joint presence at tradeshows and events.
· Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field
· Must have outstanding writing, editing and proofreading skills utilizing AP style
· Excellent verbal communications skills are also essential
· Team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence within all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders
· Ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources, analyze information, recommend and direct courses of action to be taken
· Ability to take initiative, multitask and complete projects, all while remaining flexible and responsive when faced with multiple, time-sensitive requests
· Excellent project management skills to include organizing, planning and execution experience, including experience managing outside agencies and vendors
· Motivated, detail-oriented and self-directed to deliver high quality results
· Creativity, interpersonal savvy and the ability to manage diversity
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe products, as well as knowledgeable in social networking and content marketing forums
· Job is located in Wichita, Kan., and may include domestic and international travel (10%)Top of Form
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Recruiting Company: Textron Aviation
: Individual Contributor
: First Shift
: 08/18/2017, 2:40:34 PM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.