9 months ago
Lift your career to new heights. At Textron Aviation, our culture allows you to grow within the company while building your career. Developing new leaders and encouraging innovative ideas are critical to the success of our organization. The Textron Aviation segment of Textron Inc. is the leading general aviation authority and home to the iconic Beechcraft, Cessna and Hawker brands which account for more than half of all general aviation aircraft flying. These brands bring together decades of unmatched experience in designing, building and supporting aircraft. From design to flight, Textron Aviation has become an industry leader through our belief in having the Right People in the Right Place at the Right Time. Are you ready to elevate your career?
This is a Design Engineer - Intern position responsible for design, development and testing of aircraft components and their installations. This includes modeling/drafting of parts, assemblies, and installations using Catia V5 and/or V6. Components may include aircraft furniture, composite panels and environmental system air ducts. Design assignments are executed under the direction of the Engineering Supervisor with an emphasis on meeting and or exceeding customer requirements. Additional responsibilities are out lined in the job description.
· Manages the planning, developing and coordination of important engineering projects.
· Coordinates with both internal customers as well as multiple outside suppliers on Design for Manufacturability, cost, and schedule.
· Uses advanced techniques and problem solving capabilities to provide technical solutions to a wide range of tasks.
· Build prototypes of system components for evaluation and testing.
· Assist in the creation of test procedures and coordination of testing.
· Works well in a cross-functional and diverse team environment and is able to successfully manage thru a great deal of ambiguity.
· Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area.
· Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets or exceeds customer requirements.
· Recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company products and processes.
· Completion of a minimum of 60 credit hours towards one of the following:
o Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
o Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology
o Bachelors Degree in Aerospace Engineering
· Previous professional experience thru an internship or Coop is beneficial.
· 3D graphic design experience is beneficial.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Professional demeanor.
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Recruiting Company: Textron Aviation
: Individual Contributor
: First Shift
: 08/17/2017, 1:57:54 PM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.