9 months ago
Lift your career to new heights. At Textron Aviation, our culture allows you to grow within the company while building your career. Developing new leaders and encouraging innovative ideas are critical to the success of our organization. The Textron Aviation segment of Textron Inc. is the leading general aviation authority and home to the iconic Beechcraft, Cessna and Hawker brands which account for more than half of all general aviation aircraft flying. These brands bring together decades of unmatched experience in designing, building and supporting aircraft. From design to flight, Textron Aviation has become an industry leader through our belief in having the Right People in the Right Place at the Right Time. Are you ready to elevate your career?
Position Responsibilities (may include, but not limited to):
· Assist with source selection and managing suppliers.
· Participate in sourcing activities related to new product launches and current product changes.
· Responsible for the selection of the suppliers for prototypes and production parts aligned with the Aftermarket strategy and program team requirements for Textron Aviation Parts Distribution.
· Coordinated RFP/RFQ (Request for Quote/Proposal Packages) with supply base.
· Responsible to utilize the tools to assist in direct operating cost analysis for the components related to the specific program.
· Responsible for inventory management of service parts required for projected or forecasted sales and distribution.
· Reviews and analyzes inventory reports and stock lists to determine the need for initial provisioning. Directs the initiation of purchase orders to required and recommended inventory levels.
· Responsible for supplying inventory procedures and techniques to distribution centers to help in inventory control.
· Manages inventory levels to avoid excessive inventory, inventory shortages, and/or inventory inaccuracies within defined guidelines. Analyze domestic and international forecast to achieve optimal inventory levels.
· Responsible for providing parts program hourly cost of operations.
· Write, review and approve aftermarket sections of the Program Activation Manual as well as the Specification and Description
Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management with knowledge of core Aviation principles as related to the end user products
Success in negotiation, business acumen and basic accounting, Microsoft office suite, customer service, and spares forecasting techniques and methodologies
* Effective communications skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks all with attention to fine detail.
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Recruiting Company: Textron Aviation
: Individual Contributor
: First Shift
: 08/17/2017, 3:08:12 PM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.