9 months ago
Lift your career to new heights. At Textron Aviation, our culture allows you to grow within the company while building your career. Developing new leaders and encouraging innovative ideas are critical to the success of our organization. The Textron Aviation segment of Textron Inc. is the leading general aviation authority and home to the iconic Beechcraft, Cessna and Hawker brands which account for more than half of all general aviation aircraft flying. These brands bring together decades of unmatched experience in designing, building and supporting aircraft. From design to flight, Textron Aviation has become an industry leader through our belief in having the Right People in the Right Place at the Right Time. Textron Aviation is made up of several business units, this opportunity is located within the Piston Business Unit.
The Piston Business Unit is made up of several products that include the TTx, Baron, Bonanza, and the high wing aircrafts offered by Textron Aviation. The intern will support these products and the initiatives that advertise these aircraft to Textron Aviation customers. The position will include both internal support and external promotion.
Initially the intern will learn the programs and multiple ways of supporting the Piston Product Line. The intern will support the development and launch of new initiatives that promote the Piston Product Line. Conduct market research and support through interaction with various Textron Aviation Departments.
RESPONSIBILITIES (may include, but not limited to):
* Participate in planning and executing programs that support Piston Aircraft.
* Conduct quality control of and participate in the development of new programs and initiatives.
* Visit supporting departments and learn of their needs, and support them as best possible.
* Participate in and assist in data collection and analysis of marketing, competitive and economic information both domestic and global. Assist in efforts to improve sales, customer support and field issues resolution
* Assist in and participate in financial discussions and reviews
Must be able to manage multiple programs related to various customer applications.
* Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree with Junior status or higher
• A passion for learning to fly
• Private Pilot’s license/CFI preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient computer skills; Microsoft office and analytical
• Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills are critical
• Knowledge of business and management principles, ability to coach others
• Leadership potential
• Ability to work independently and in team environment
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Recruiting Company: Textron Aviation
: Individual Contributor
: First Shift
: 08/17/2017, 2:34:45 PM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.