9 months ago
Lift your career to new heights. At Textron Aviation, our culture allows you to grow within the company while building your career. Developing new leaders and encouraging innovative ideas are critical to the success of our organization. The Textron Aviation segment of Textron Inc. is the leading general aviation authority and home to the iconic Beechcraft, Cessna and Hawker brands which account for more than half of all general aviation aircraft flying. These brands bring together decades of unmatched experience in designing, building and supporting aircraft. From design to flight, Textron Aviation has become an industry leader through our belief in having the Right People in the Right Place at the Right Time. Are you ready to elevate your career?
Intern will help ensure the overall effectiveness of Textron Aviation Flight Operation’s Safety Management System (SMS). Provide assistance in developing, planning, implementing and communicating all safety related programs within the department. Assist in the daily assessment of global security and its effect on operating internationally. Help ensure the flight department’s compliance with all security regulations and standards. Coordinate with other departments in the company regarding aviation safety issues. Help develop and track Safety Performance Indices (SPI’s) and evaluate their effectiveness. Develop, administer and monitor safety initiatives relating to industry best practices and/or regulatory requirements.
Job Responsibilities (may include, but not limited to):
• Provide responsible staff assistance to the Flight Operations Safety and Security Manager
• Assist in the management of Flight Operation’s Safety Management System (SMS)
• Assist in managing hazard/incident identification, tracking and resolution system
• Participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, and policies
• Develop and track Safety Performance Indices (SPI’s)
• Monitor and identify any safety activities, as well as local and national laws that may have an impact on flight and ground safety
• Assist in the preparation and distribution of the Threat Risk Assessment Matrix (TRAM) documents for international operations
• Assist in the development and implementation of proactive and reactive measures to mitigate security threats
• Attend and participate in professional group meetings
Understanding, education/training or experience in:
• Safety Management Systems
• Risk Management
• Safety of flight philosophy
• Human factors and the decision-making process
• Accident prevention
• Emergency response planning
Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in:
• Aviation Business Administration
• Aerospace and Occupational Safety
• Human Factors
• Aviation Security
• Aviation Management
• Aviation Science
Or related fields
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Collaborates and easily gets along in team-based environments
• Outstanding situational awareness
• Excellent organizational skills
• Computer Proficiency (MS Office, etc.)
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Recruiting Company: Textron Aviation
: Individual Contributor
: First Shift
: 08/17/2017, 3:02:24 PM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.