9 months ago
Lift your career to new heights. At Textron Aviation, our culture allows you to grow within the company while building your career. Developing new leaders and encouraging innovative ideas are critical to the success of our organization. The Textron Aviation segment of Textron Inc. is the leading general aviation authority and home to the iconic Beechcraft, Cessna and Hawker brands which account for more than half of all general aviation aircraft flying. These brands bring together decades of unmatched experience in designing, building and supporting aircraft. From design to flight, Textron Aviation has become an industry leader through our belief in having the Right People in the Right Place at the Right Time. Are you ready to elevate your career?
This position will support the Company and Legal Department Trade Compliance Management by primarily ensuring export and/or import compliance with U.S. Department of Commerce, Department of State, US Customs and Border Protection, and other government agencies (OGA) regulations. Learn about international trade, government agencies, and export requirements, while researching Textron Aviation engineering and supplier documentation regarding aircraft parts, systems, and equipment. This will be done with the end goal of properly assigning US Harmonized Tariff Schedule numbers and Export Classifications in support of international shipments and intangible data management.
Job Responsibilities (may include, but not limited to):
• Review sub-sections of items potentially impacted by US Export Control Reform efforts to determine the appropriate Export Control jurisdiction and classifications
• Research engineering data and records to identify design origin, reasons for Engineering Change Requests, effectivities, and suitability for commercial end-use
• Document determinations in accordance with company policy, and compile data for upload to the Company’s compliance databases
• Review data for accuracy and consistency with like legacy parts, and compile data for mass upload to the Company’s compliance databases
• Assist the team in identifying relevant and priority legacy parts that need to be loaded into the Company’s compliance databases to facilitate Company trade objectives and activities
• Assist with internal assessments of export transactions of various shipping points to ensure compliance with company and regulatory requirements
• Map shipping process flows to assist in the identification of best practices and identify opportunities for improvement
BS/BA or MS/MA in business, legal, finance, engineering, information systems, economics or related field.
• Quickly grasps new concepts when faced with unfamiliar tasks
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to develop and provide technical training
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Creative thinker
• Professional and diplomatic demeanor
• Some travel may be required
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Recruiting Company: Textron Aviation
: Individual Contributor
: First Shift
: 08/18/2017, 2:29:38 PM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.