3 months ago
Assemble, modify and install aircraft structural assemblies, sub-assemblies, and structures on aircraft systems. Identify nonconforming parts, conditions and manufacturing processes. Work with engineering to improve manufacturing processes. Performing work in this jobs occupational field requires the application of procedures, processes and methods learned through technical training and on-the-job training.
This position will require the ability to work any shift to support production needs.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
* Assemble aircraft structures or aircraft support equipment with or without the aid of jigs and fixtures by drilling, filing, filling, reaming, countersinking, burring and fastening using various hand tools as well as electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
* Shim, fit, trim and align structural assemblies and sub-assemblies that vary considerably.
* Assembly to another as with fairings and the mating of major assembly callouts, butt, station and water lines; blind pick up of hole locations for blank parts from existing structure; correcting skin canning conditions, buckles, wrinkles in outer skins and remove surface defects as assigned.
* Assemble, install, rework, repair and modify aircraft structural, mechanical or electrical assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, systems, and airframe structures on aircraft systems.
* Follow manufacturing planning, blueprints, schematics, process specifications, repair and rework sketches, written and oral instructions.
Ensure all assemblies and detail parts are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and non-conformance issues.
* Check units for compliance using hand held precision measuring equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, height gages and scales.
Report all non-conformance to manufacturing supervision or corrective action representative.
* Prepare rejection tags noting deviations from specifications on dimensions, finishes, material, processes, or quality when required.
* Follow all safety procedures and reports unsafe conditions to safety officials or manufacturing supervision.
* Report on job status and restraints to coworkers and supervision.
* Identify production inefficiencies and suggests potential improvements to product or process.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Typical Education & Experience
This job requires a minimum of a high school education and 1 to 3 years of work related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
* Experience with basic sheet metal, riveting, assembly methods and common shop practices.
* Experience interpreting and working from blueprints, sketches and written and verbal instructions, in English.
* Experience or training applying shop math.
* Capable of working any shift.
* Ability to work extended hours, overtime and weekends when necessary to support factory and operations activities.
* Experience using computer systems for shop applications.
Familiar AH-64 fabrication processes.
* Experience working in a team environment in a production environment.
* Ability to work with limited supervision and maintain self motivation.
* Skilled in listening and interpersonal participation, and able to work with others as part of a team which includes giving and receiving feedback, and assisting others in completion of tasks.
* Able to complete and maintain all required training and certifications needed to do your job efficiently.
Additional Information: Able to work in confined spaces requiring kneeling, crawling, climbing, and bending.
Contingent Upon Program Award