10 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Entry level role, mentored by higher level technicians. Responsible for performing routine building and general maintenance tasks. Building maintenance tasks may include carpentry; electrical; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); plumbing, etc.); Performs other tasks as assigned.
1. Plan and perform a full range of operations connected with the installation, maintenance and repair of equipment within the plants and offices. Equipment includes: Boilers, Compressors, HVAC, plumbing, etc. Plan to accomplish work with minimum of interference to production.
2. Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
3. Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
4. Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work.
5. Reconfigures, installs, positions, and remounts modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks.
6. Make periodic checks and inspections of equipment, controls, and installations as a matter of preventive maintenance.
7. Perform machinery and equipment moves. This includes disconnecting, moving or assisting riggers with the move, and reconnecting machinery and equipment.
8. Order parts and maintain required documents in electronic work order system.
9. Performs other work related duties as assigned.
10. Must be able to work flexible hours.
11. This individual may generate and/or handle regulated (i.e. hazardous/non-hazardous) waste as part of this job. This must be disposed of in accordance with federal/state regulations.
High school diploma or equivalent
Associate degree in trade school preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.