2 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
* Plan and perform a wide range of precision internal/external setups.
* Maintain a setup proficiency in a minimum of one operation group on a specific set of machine(s) applicable to your functional
* Work from part drawings, process sequence sheets and setup charts. Select proper tooling, mount, dress and/or true
* grinding wheels where appropriate.
* Cycle machine to produce test pieces, check parts and make machine adjustments as necessary. Inspect components to insure
* proper adherence to quality specifications.
* Gage components using applicable gaging techniques and procedures, check gages for proper calibration using gage masters and adjust as necessary.
* Visually sample pieces for finish and surface quality.
* Instruct and lend technical assistance to and maintain a reasonable responsibility for work of each assigned operator if applicable.
* Schedule work to due dates while maintaining an operational effective efficiency.
* Maintain and comply with preventive maintenance schedule, impose and comply with safety and hazardous material handling procedures.
* Operationally ensure the compliance and effectiveness of Statistical Process Control, maintain an operational quality standard.
* Report all operating difficulties to the appropriate supervisor; maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition.
* Maintain and comply with process documentation.
* HS Diploma or GED
* Ability to read blueprints and or read, write, and interpret technical information.
* Geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
* Ability to work in a team along with mentoring and training skills.
* Good written and verbal communications.
* Ability to use and/or setup various measuring devises or gages.
* Ability to stand or sit for extended period of time.
* Adequate fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement. Ability to push and turn buttons, knobs, levers and switches.
* Ability to lift up to 30 to 50 pounds.
* Moderate twisting and bending.
* Moderate climbing on step stools or platforms.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.