13 days ago
FlightSafety is the world leader in professional aviation training and simulation systems. This position is located at FlightSafety Visual Systems in St. Louis, Missouri, where we develop our high fidelity flight simulator software.
This position is an opportunity to develop cutting-edge tools for creating 3D models (everything from helicopters and monuments to airports and cityscapes), realistic world-spanning terrain, sophisticated animation, high-resolution texture, and more.
We also have openings for related roles in real time image generation and display system design.
We are looking for intelligent, creative, self-motivated developers who are interested in practicing their skills and learning new ones as part of a team. Your goal will be to develop the next generation of flight simulation software that trains and certifies over 75,000 pilots every year on 135+ aircraft
Create software supporting an extensive flight simulator content creation pipeline including 3D models, terrain, texture, and animation. Locations range from commercial airports and military bases to hospitals, oil rigs, and everywhere in between.
Design, develop, test and troubleshoot software across the development cycle including requirements assessment, integration, and maintenance.
Use disciplined software development methods, construction techniques, usability and interface skills, test methodologies and configuration management.
Collaborate as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Communicate between departments. Support end users. Write documentation and technical reports.
Prototype new technologies.
Remain current on state-of-the-art technologies through technical papers, periodicals, and conferences.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and REQUIREMENTS
* BS/MS Computer Science or other applicable technical field.
* or 5+ years of experience in a related field
* or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills in several of the following areas are required:
* C++/C# programming
* Algorithm development
* User interface development
* Software architecture
* Object oriented design
Technical experience in any of the following areas is a plus:
* 3D modeling and animation
* Game development - Unity, Unreal, Crytek, etc.
* 3rd Party API/SDK tool development such as Autodesk Maya, 3ds Max, Presagis, ArcGIS
* Image processing and/or texture tools - Photoshop, Krita, gimp
* Geographic information systems (GIS)
* Strong geometry and mathematics capability - Euclidean and projective geometry, matrix algebra, vector math
* Relational Databases - MySQL or PostgreSQL
* Perl/Python or other scripting experience
* STL and/or Boost libraries and data structures
* Design patterns and/or multi-threading experience
* MS Visual Studio
* Reading and implementing technical specifications
* Lean/Agile Software Development
* Infrared sensor, night vision and/or radar systems
Exhibit and practice professional and courteous behavior while interacting with both internal and external customers.
Interact within a cooperative environment through beneficial behaviors, commitment to common goals, contribution to problem solving, communication of ideas and suggestions, an encouragement to other employees, and departments.
Accountable for the control and distribution of documents and/or equipment subject to export control restrictions and the security of FlightSafety materials, projects and business information regarding the methods and techniques used in the production and usage of FlightSafety products.
Accountable for the accuracy and completeness of assigned tasks.
Able to adhere to a work schedule including prompt and regular attendance.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Additional Website Text
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.