About Our Client:
Leading regional airline operating on behalf of two major domestic carriers and serving over 4 million customers annually. Servicing Embraer 170/175 aircraft, a customer favorite due to its look and feel of a mainline jet, our client has positioned itself as a go-to airline partner. Join the best of the best aviation talent who love what they do!
APA Services is strategically partnered for long-term contract engagements by providing the top talent in the aviation industry.Building on the foundation of more than two decades of success, APA continues to be the premier provider of contract aviation professionals.
About the Opportunity:
Your employers and peers would best describe you as a conscientious professional with a solid work history that demonstrates longevity and value to your employers. You are known for your high attention to detail, and can also be described as an overachiever with an exceptionally positive attitude. Your relentless work ethic, and aptitude to learn quickly have helped you find success in your career. You are a career minded individual with a desire to be of value to your employer, and be valued and recognized by your employer.
As our client’s Aircraft Maintenance Technician based in Louisville, KY you are known for your exceptional business judgement and discretion, as well as, the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organization. Under the general direction of the Maintenance Manager and direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor will provide technical assistance and labor for any and all problems associated with Aircraft repairs or servicing. You will coordinate with Maintenance Control to ensure a safe and efficient repair and return to service of aircraft. Exercise good judgment in working with people in a team environment as well as in aircraft maintenance and safety.
You will work four / 10's. Be flexible on your shifts. Example: 1st (9:30 AM - 8 PM) 3rd (8 PM – 6:30; 9 PM – 7:30).
Three weeks training (some travel may be required for initial training)
Skills, Knowledge, Experience & Attributes You Offer:
· A&P Licensed a MUST
· Sheet Metal a PLUS
· Military a PLUS
· Will consider grads with A&P License as well as recent military mechanics
· MUST bring personal tools
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
· Valid Driver’s license
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and must be fluent in the English language.
· United States citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
· Have your own hand tools
· Basic mathematical competency
· Background in regional or mainline aircraft maintenance.
· Experience should consist of:
o Formal and informal aircraft systems training
o Maintenance of aircraft and engine systems
o Dispatch requirements
o Use of specialized tools
o Ground support equipment
o Technical reports and forms
o Online Aircraft Maintenance Manuals, and Parts Catalogs
o Aircraft logbook procedures and computer based aircraft maintenance tracking systems
o Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills - can work independently while still keeping a team perspective.
o Detail orientated with ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
o Must be a self-starter and be able to show a demonstrated ability to trouble shoot aircraft problems with little guidance.
o Ability to work with fellow coworkers with a variety of personalities.
Must be flexible with respect to work schedule and willing to assist and support others within the company when needed.
· Associate's Degree
· Minimum two-year’s FAR 121 air carrier aircraft maintenance experience
· Embraer 170/175, 190 experience
· PC literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite
· Valid passport with no travel restrictions
Required Physical Demands:
· Ability to lift, carry and move medium to heavy weights of 50 pounds or more.
· Good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand, and finger dexterity.
· There are prolonged periods during which individuals will be standing and working outdoors.
· Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl and stoop frequently in confined spaces.
· Work under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Control.
· Provide updates to Maintenance Control as to status of work being performed on aircraft assigned to their station
· Maintain an orderly and organized shop area.\
· Perform data entry and copying as needed.
· Commit to and attend training events both on and off the assigned work site and the Minneapolis Corporate site to continue to develop professional skills.
· Hours are varying shifts and weekends as needed.
· Other duties as assigned
Work is performed in an open work environment (hangar) or outdoors at the airport terminal.
Some travel, less than 10% maybe required
This is an excellent opportunity to build a career with an airline leader in servicing commercial aircraft
Join our Talent Network and Apply Today!