7 months ago
Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor Department: Maintenance
Division: Everts Air Cargo Station: FAI
Job Function: Perform maintenance on company aircraft for safe and reliable flights.
Essential Functions: 1. Perform major and minor repairs or alterations to company aircraft including engine systems, flight controls, fuel
systems, hydraulic systems, landing gear systems, and structural components.
2. Adjust, align, and calibrate aircraft systems using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment.
3. Disassemble and inspect parts and engines for wear, warping, or other defects such as cracks, breaks, or leaks.
4. Perform heavy checks, service checks, line maintenance pre-flights and troubleshooting.
5. Remove and install aircraft engines and propellers.
6. Modify aircraft structures, systems, or components, following drawings, engineering or technical publications.
7. Execute towing, taxiing and engine run-up of aircraft.
8. Service and maintain aircraft systems.
9. Test engine and system operations.
10. Heat, deice, and refuel aircraft as required.
11. Launch and recover company aircraft.
12. Operate ground support equipment and performs minor maintenance as necessary.
13. Available for on-call contract maintenance as needed.
14. Document aircraft maintenance repairs and alterations IAW FAR’s using appropriate company forms.
15. Sign out serviceable aircraft parts and tag repairable parts removed from the aircraft engines or components.
16. Read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine efficient methods of replacing
malfunctioning or damaged components.
17. Be familiar with all company manuals and AD notes. Periodically review maintenance bulletins.
Additional Responsibilities: Authority and Responsibility
1. Supervise and direct non-certified mechanics.
1. Comply with all safety aspects of your position.
2. Be familiar with the Company’s Safety Management System (SMS) and Occupational Safety Manual (OSM).
3. Follow all Company practices and procedures.
4. Contribute to the Safety Culture of the Company.
5. Keep your work areas clean and free of hazards; correct unsafe conditions when encountered and report those
that you can’t personally correct to a supervisor.
1. Maintain employee vigilance and report all security concerns.
Qualifications: 1. Requires an Airframe and Powerplant Certificate.
2. Requires the ability to understand and retain information provided verbally and written.
3. Requires knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
4. Requires manual dexterity to assemble and dissemble intricate assemblies.
5. Requires frequent lifting of weights of 70 lb or more.
6. Requires standing on hard surfaces, floors, ladders, and work stands for extended periods of time. 7. Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or
She will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Revised 2/10/11 Page 1 of 1