I. JOB PURPOSE
To perform functions assigned in the service, repair and overhaul of aircraft and aircraft components, parts and accessories.
II. WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical Demands: Requires sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time. Requires frequent bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, balancing and reaching above shoulder level. Requires occasional crawling, climbing, lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling weight up to or over 75 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
Equipment Operated: Aircraft ground servicing equipment including tugs, tractors, hi-lifts, trucks, servicing carts and test equipment, hand tools, rivet guns, drills.
Work Location: Dismantlement Area.
Potential Hazards: Exposure to high intensity noise levels, extreme changes in temperature, materials identified on Material Safety Data Sheets, working at heights or around moving machinery; aircraft fuel tank entry.
Protective Equipment Required: Goggles, safety glasses, face shields, ear protection, aprons, gloves, safety harnesses, breathing equipment.
III. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions:
- Researches technical data and performs disassembly, repair, cleaning, adjustment, assembly, testing and calibration of aircraft components and company special tools and ground equipment in accordance with applicable maintenance manual, FAA regulations and Marana Aerospace policies and procedures.
- Repairs, replaces and rebuilds aircraft structures such as wings and fuselage, and functional components including rigging, surface controls, plumbing and hydraulic units.
- Reads and interprets manufacturers’ and airlines’ maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Upon removing units from an aircraft, engine, or other major component or subassembly, completes appropriate identification, routing tags and forms and makes appropriate entries into the Component Removal Log.
- Inspects turbine blades to detect cracks or breaks.
- Disassembles and inspects parts for wear, or other defects.
- Repairs or replaces defective engine parts and reassembles and installs engine in aircraft.
- Adjusts, repairs, or replaces electrical wiring system and aircraft accessories.
- Performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft including flushing crankcase, cleaning screens, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes.
- Upon completion of work scope obtains the signature of a certified mechanic on work cards or forms.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Ensures that proper documentation is made on training record for training received, and signed by Lead, Supervisor, or Manager.
- Performs maintenance work such as repair and maintenance of company equipment and shop housecleaning.
*This position does not offer a relocation allowance
Duties not listed within the position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of the department management. Job functions and percentages may vary due to irregular working conditions or multiple shift positions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to organize and plan work adhering to deadlines; attention to detail and mathematical skills; ability to read, write, and understand the English language and to follow verbal and written instruction; ability to interpret and apply technical data relating to position; ability to safely drive and operate a standard shift automotive vehicle and other applicable equipment; ability to work with or without supervision.
Education/Training: High School diploma or equivalent required. Post-secondary education or training in aircraft maintenance or equivalent combination of education, training or experience required.
Experience: Three to five years experience in aircraft maintenance preferred.
Certificates/Licenses: A&P License and valid drivers license required.
Marana Aerospace Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.