7 months ago
To work as part of a Mobile Service Truck (MST) team focused on the maintenance activities and work scope of Customer aircraft. Will identify and correct issues on malfunctioning aircraft mechanical components and systems. Performs a variety of diagnostic and mechanical duties on Jet and turboprop aircraft and assist with the scheduling and coordination of the work of others in the crew. Will assist the MST Lead Mechanic including coordinating and communicating aircraft issues with the Customer to include reviewing the work scope with Customers, adding squawks as required, respond to Customer inquiries and be responsible for assuring Customer satisfaction by coordinating with the Service Center Team. Will assist the MST Lead Mechanic with overseeing the maintenance of the MST ensuring vehicle is properly serviced and road worthy at all times.
1. Ensure that the work scope is completed in a timely manner and work performed is done in accordance with established policy, procedure, and quality standards. Performs a variety of diagnostic and mechanical duties on one or more aircraft models involving diagnosis of malfunctions and required disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, reassembly or adjustment of various aircraft systems to prepare aircraft mechanically for flight and delivery to Customer. Requires thorough knowledge of aircraft engines, mechanical systems, and components on all assigned aircraft.
a. Checks, corrects, or replaces a variety of complex aircraft assemblies, landing gear systems, air conditioner system, pressurization system, and optional equipment installations.
b. Orders and obtains parts necessary to effect aircraft repairs. Assures that cores are returned in accordance with established procedure.
c. Requires knowledge of inspection procedures set forth in FAR Part 145. Responsible for insuring documentation procedures are accomplished as required in FAR 43 and all other applicable FARs.
d. Responsible for clear, concise, and accurate written reports in logs, inspection reports, and in parts identification for issue and return documents.
e. Ensures that all maintenance, preventive maintenance, alterations, or specialized services performed are in accordance with the Inspection System procedures as outlined in the Quality Control manual.
2. May be required to observe operation of mechanical systems during flight and troubleshoot problems for in-shop repairs.
3. Responsible for communicating safety expectations of the Service Center.
a. Monitors the work environment to assure it is maintained in a safe and orderly condition.
b. Identifies and corrects unsafe acts.
4. Works as a member of a team focused on meeting customer expectations requiring mechanics and avionic technicians to assist each other as required.
5. Assists the MST Lead Mechanic to insure that all equipment and tooling with the MST are inspected, properly maintained and/or serviced as required to ensure safe and efficient operation.
6. Assists the MST Lead Mechanic ensuring the MST is in safe operating condition, all fluid levels are at proper levels, tire pressures are correct, wiper blades, hoses, tires, etc are all inspected, repaired or replaced as required.
7. Must possess a Cessna-issued driver license and valid state-issued driver license. Both are required to operate Company-owned vehicles or vehicles under Cessna control.
o High school education or equivalent
o A&P license
o Minimum of 3 years experience with diversified jet, turboprop, piston, modification, and phase inspection experience as an A&P Mechanic
o Use of arithmetic, blueprints, and specifications plus knowledge of jet an piston airframe and engine principals
o Must possess a valid Cessna-issued driver’s license and valid state-issued driver’s license
o Must have comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical systems.
o Minimum 1-2 years experience on Cessna, Hawker, or Beechcraft aircraft.
Must be able to obtain and maintain an Airport Security Badge through the local airport authority (if applicable).
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Recruiting Company: Textron Aviation
: Individual Contributor
: First Shift
: 09/14/2017, 6:57:53 PM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.