6 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
To manage and direct the sales and customer interface effort for direct sales at major global and regional accounts. The AE is responsible for developing and maintaining excellent relationships at all levels between Timken and the customer. The AE will develop and coordinate and implement a customer business plan, including development and execution of strategies and tactics that support business growth. The AE will engage a cross functional team, including engineering, customer service, geographic sales personnel, marketing, manufacturing and price administration. Total familiarity with the specific account is essential for short and long-range planning, including the development of a functioning and effective relationship matrix between Timken and the customer. The AE will lead the commercial and technical negotiations with the customer, including the engagement and utilization of Timken internal processes, with achievement of internal approvals via guidelines established by front end business managers/executives. As Account Executive, this individual will be recognized as the expert on customer related issues, including communication of customer strategic initiatives, primary markets and businesses, quality standards, and organizational structure.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Direct all sales activities at the major account to meet/exceed customer expectations while meeting goals, values, and business plan of Timken.
* Direct all new business activities; Quotations, Trials, APQP, and Launch activities.
* Provide immediate action on quality issues. Set up containment; participate in corrective action as necessary.
* Develop value enhancement ideas for customers to support their productivity targets and negotiate major supply contracts. Develop right of last refusal position with customer.
* Seek out continuous improvement ideas that enhance/maintain Timken margins.
* Motivate customer purchasing, engineering, and quality contacts to decisions favorable to the Timken Corporation.
* Establish and maintain executive level relationships at the account.
* Develop and coordinate cooperation among operating, technical, sales, and management personnel to achieve objectives mutually beneficial to the customer and to the Corporation.
* Prepare accurate short and long term forecasts, which are critical to proper planning.
* Develop and maintain detailed knowledge of competitors and their capabilities
Technical and Functional Skills:
Technical service, sales, production experience
Verbal and Written Communication
Strong relationship builder
Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Business or Engineering or Marketing
Preferred Master's Degree in Business or Engineering or Marketing
5-10 years of related experience required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.