5 months ago
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as a 2016 America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Rockwell Collins Information Management Services ('IMS') is currently searching for an Accountant to join our team in Annapolis. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected.
The IMS Accounting group is seeking an Accountant to be a part of our shared services team. The Accounting team is responsible for ensuring compliance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The accounting role requires a candidate who will be responsible for performing accurate and efficient general accounting and supporting audit and internal control requirements. Task may include:
* Participating in the accounting month end closing process
* Preparing, processing and verifying journal entries
* Performing account reconciliations and analysis
* Supporting the accounting department during both internal and external audits
* Supporting special projects to assist with process improvement with the Controller Department
* Support Controller's applications by providing end user support
* Provide user support for multiple Costpoint financial areas (accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, project setup, cost revenue, billing, employee, cost pools, fixed assets, and procurement).
* Assist system administrator with SOX audits/controls and other audit reviews
* Assist in system testing of upgrades, patches new modules and Implementations. Coordinate and execute various test plans including unit, system, regression, UAT and integration
The candidate should be able to work independently as well as in a team environment. This position provides an opportunity to interface with management and support the various teams within the Controller's Department. There is growth opportunity for a candidate who can take ownership of a process and demonstrate initiative and strong problem solving skills.
* Technical experience with an automated accounting system
* 2-3 years general accounting experience, preferably for a large corporation
* Strong communication and problem-solving skills required for both helping end users and interacting with management with minimal oversight
* Strong organizational, administrative and documentation skills.
* Advanced Excel skills
* Advanced problem solving skills
* Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline (Accounting) or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience; identified skills and experience.
* Degree in Information Systems or minor
* CostPoint experience
* Report writing or Microsoft Query/SQL experience
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through training, networking and mentoring.
And that's just for starters.
Some of the benefits we offer include:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* 3 weeks of paid leave for newly hired employees (4 weeks for newly hired Directors and above)
* A generous 401(k) plan
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.