Responsible for performing the day-to-day functions for the Corporate accounting processes of the Company.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (could include any of the following):
- Prepare and peer-review journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and monthly and ad-hoc reports and supporting schedules. Through research and follow up, ensure that reconciling items and discrepancies in accounting data are resolved in a timely manner.
- Prepare, peer-review, and provide documents (e.g. reconciliations, supporting schedules, process maps) by requested deadlines to the Company's external auditors and the SOX group to ensure timely completion of quarterly reviews, the annual financial statement audit and SOX compliance test work. Review process maps and perform internal controls to ensure SOX compliance.
- Participate in the design, development, testing, implementation and documentation of accounting systems and related interfaces. Recommend and implement system modifications to improve internal control, increase efficiency or reduce costs. Identify, document, and escalate system issues to the IT department.
- Assist with researching, documenting and implementing conclusions regarding technical accounting treatment for non-routine transactions and new accounting pronouncements for areas of responsibility.
- Assist in providing guidance on accounting issues to business groups of the Company as needed.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of business processes, procedures and accounting assumptions on an ongoing basis. Recommend and assist in process improvements to improve the control environment and increase the utilization of resources (people, technology, funds).
- Develop and maintain documentation for business and system processes for assigned responsibilities.
- Represent the department through written and verbal communication with internal and external customers.
- Perform a variety of other functions/ad-hoc projects as assigned to aid in the department's/company's achievement of goals and business objectives.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting (preferred) or Finance.
- Possess fundamental accounting, internal controls and SOX knowledge preferred.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Innovative thinking ability with high degree of motivation and problem solving skills required.
- Flexible/adaptable to constant change and scheduling needs to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work on projects and prioritize and execute concurrent assignments.
- Ability to meet deadlines without supervision.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 1304
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
Job Segment: Payroll, Accounting, Testing, Finance, Technology