3 months ago
Accounting Clerk Reports to: Accounting Manager Department: Accounting
Division: Everts Air Cargo Station: FAI
Job Summary: The position involves the ability to learn a variety of functions including Accounts Receivable, Accounts
Payable, Payroll, Reception, and Secretarial.
Essential Functions: 1. Assist Accounting Manager and Controller with daily activities.
2. Reconcile records for accuracy pertaining to business or operating transactions.
3. Perform Receptionist duties including greeting and assisting customers and clients, handle incoming
calls, take messages, make copies, and prepare documents.
4. Assist with research as needed for any administrative function.
5. Assist in Special Projects.
6. File or remove material to include but not limited to correspondence, cards, invoices, receipts, and
other records in alphabetical or numerical order or according to filing system
7. Maintain confidentiality in all duties assigned. Additional Responsibilities: Safety
1. Comply with all safety aspects of your position.
2. Be familiar with the Company’s Safety Management System (SMS) and Occupational Safety Manual
3. Follow all Company practices and procedures.
4. Contribute to the Safety Culture of the Company.
5. Keep your work areas clean and free of hazards; correct unsafe conditions when encountered and
report those that you can’t personally correct to a supervisor.
1. Maintain employee vigilance and report all security concerns.
2. Be observant of any Customers acting suspiciously and ensure that personnel/visitors are conforming
to airport security guidelines.
Qualifications: 1. Requires the ability to coordinate with and work for a variety of Management personnel and must be
self-motivated, organized, and comfortable with frequent change.
2. Requires the ability to understand, retain, and deliver information verbally and written.
3. Requires good organizational, attention to detail, and record keeping skills and also the ability to
maintain current and updated information. Requires the ability to input and retrieve information from a
4. Requires the ability to be sedentary for extended periods of time and the ability to operate a computer
keyboard and screen for extended periods of time as required by location.
5. Must be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, such as talking on the phone, data entry, and
Physical Abilities: The Physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position must
perform in carrying out essential job functions.
1. Ability to reach horizontally and vertically with arms. Sufficient dexterity to manipulate small objects
and print or write legibly.
2. Physical ability to sit for extended periods of time.
3. Requires the ability to be sedentary for extended periods of time.
Revised 2/11/11 Page 1 of 2
4. Shall perceive the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the
manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with various materials
and objects are important aspects of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential
functions of the job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this
employee. He or She will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties
requested by his or her supervisor.
Employee Signature Date
Employee Printed Name Revised 2/11/11 Page 2 of 2