5 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 53861BR Date posted 09/15/City Phoenix
Every second, a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment on board. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach, and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we’re ushering in a new era of customer service, with sophisticated tools that enable real-time customer connections and service anticipation techniques. We combine these innovations with responsive repair performance, product support and issue resolution for our global customers. Anytime. Any place. It’s this kind of best-in-class support that has kept our customers coming back for the past 100 years. Want to join the largest aftermarket network in the industry, with more than 50 maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) locations across 26 countries? You can learn from the best while bringing your fresh perspective and enthusiasm for customer service to our team. If those closest to you would use the words “reliable” and “dependable” to describe you, you could be a good fit for our team!
At our Phoenix MRO site, we specialize in the repair of electronic components for aircraft. As an Accounting Manager with our team, you will find innovative solutions that take our business’ financial performance to the next level.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
* Supporting the site controller
* General accounting and financial analysis for the site
* Developing, interpreting, and implementing accounting controls
* Analyzing site’s present and future financial performance
* Preparing monthly journal entries and account reconciliations by business unit
* Financial reporting of actuals, forecast, and weekly LE updates with variance analyses to plan
* P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow
* Cost Summit and Productivity
* Ad hoc reports
* Validating monthly site reporting in HFM is complete and accurate
* Support WWR Director and Controller initiatives, annual plan, and financial presentations
* Working effectively with internal customers such as other site and regional controllers, analysts and senior Customer Service leadership
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
* 6+ years of experience in accounting or related role with BA/BS degree or 4+ years of experience with MA/MS degree
* Knowledge of US GAAP
* Strong working knowledge of SAP
* Strong financial modeling capabilities
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Advanced Excel skills
* Consistently perform assigned duties in a self-directed, timely manner
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
In addition to meeting the minimum requirements, candidates with experience or certifications in the following areas will be preferred:
* CPA/CMA or CPA/CMA candidate
* Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) experience
* Continuous improvement processes and tools (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean, etc.)
* Occasionally provide weekend and holiday support to meet customer needs
Authorization to Work Restrictions:
* Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to U.S. persons.
Background Check and Drug Screen:
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check. This position also requires successful completion of a drug screen.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
* BA/BS degree in finance, accounting or related field
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.