4 months ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating® and also rated as Best Regional Airline in North America by Skytrax.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, North Bay, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston, Washington (Dulles), Pittsburgh and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
FUNCTION: Reporting to the Supervisor, Accounts Payable, the Junior Accounts Payable Clerk performs accounts payable related tasks in a professional and timely manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Process all invoices in a timely and accurate manner
* Match, verify coding and enter invoices into MS Dynamics (Great Plains)
* Follow up with management and department staff on overdue invoices and approval requests
* Prepare regular cheque runs for assigned vendors
* Prepare A/P support for wire transfers and EFT payments
* Handle internal inquiries related to accounts payable, vendors and invoices
* Correspond with A/P vendors to resolve problems and discrepancies
* Ensure invoices are processed timely to meet month-end deadlines
* Reconcile vendor statements to GL
* Maintain database of accounts payable records
* Ensure appropriate approvals are observed for payments and purchases
* Participate in month-end, quarter-end and year-end preparations and other special projects (e.g. audits)
* Assist other accounts payable staff as necessary
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
* Other duties as assigned
* Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
* Post-secondary education related to accounting
* 1 year of accounts payable experience
* Experience with MS Dynamics (Great Plains) an asset
* Excellent data entry skills
* Strong communications skills
* Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
* Ability to work with strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, with a high proficiency in Microsoft Excel
* Travel / aviation industry experience an asset
Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport - YTZ
* Post Date December 18, 2017
* Reference ID 94-73-72