12 months ago
Job ID #: 9263
Location: US - Florida - Doral (97th Street)
Functional Area: Finance
Division: AHV - Maint, Repair, & Overhaul
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Department: US - Florida - Doral
Education Required: High School Diploma
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Travel Percentage: 0
Hours of Work:
AMETEK MRO Florida is looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist to join our Finance Team in Miami, FL. This position will have a broad range of technical, day-to-day finance/accounting, and project based responsibilities. All duties will be performed in a fast-paced, multi-tasking and flexible environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Process all AP invoices in a three-way match manner
• Sort invoices based on purchase order or no purchase order
• Review invoices received for approvals and obtain approvals when necessary
• Enter all invoices in the Accounting system
• Match payment advice with documentation prior to check run
• Process weekly payable check runs after obtaining batch approval from controller
• Review expense reports for appropriate documentation including appropriate receipt documentation and adherence to Corporate Travel policy
• Respond to all Accounts Payable and Expense Report inquiries
• Maintain all Accounts Payable and Expense Report files
• Audits A/P invoices biannually to ensure no duplicate payments were made
• Assists with company inventory biannually
• Compiles documentation for audit review
• Keep track of credits owed to the company and ensure all credits are properly applied to vendor payments.
• Matches invoices and checks against check run to ensure accuracy.
• Sorts all paid invoices and files by batch number
• Maintains files by posting all unpaid and paid disbursement document (invoices, check request)
• Reconcile payable reports each month to confirm that all amounts paid were accurate
• Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
• Maintenance of Accounts Payable Filing
• Assist on month-end closing (reconcile A/P, run A/P related reports, month end accruals)
• Organizes all reports in date numerical order in binder for month end closing, and compiles/stores all files at year end
• Prepare and send out 1099’s on a timely manner
• High School diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 5+ years in an Accounts Payable role
• Proven team player who has demonstrated capabilities in the following areas: excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, well developed problem-solving skills; solid organizational skills; and the demonstrated ability to be self-directed and effectively relate to all levels of an organization.
• Attention to detail, accuracy is imperative
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills
• Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative
• Looking for a hands-on individual with the ability to see the big picture.
• Proven business partnership skills with the demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed organizational environment.
• Must be able to manage a high volume of transactions and prioritize work to meet the growing demands of the business.
• Ability to work well under pressure, multi task and meet deadlines.
• The right candidate will be ambitious, flexible and have a desire to learn and grow professionally
• Computer skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Hyperion Enterprise are a plus.
• Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner
• Work hours must be flexible and overtime will be required to meet the demands of the position. Occasional weekend work may be required.
• Aerospace industry experience is a plus
• Must be able to proficiently write, read, and speak English.
• The Accounts Payable Specialist must have the ability to clearly and concisely communicate in English with customers and write routine reports and correspondence
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly:
o Regularly required to sit or stand, walk, bend and reach with hands and arms
o Regular use of hands/fingers for handling, holding, grasping and typing on a computer keyboard
o The Accounting Department is located in the second floor, therefore, employees are required to go up and down the stairs or use elevator to obtain necessary payment approvals or questions to related to other departments
o The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
o Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.