5 months ago
ACE Continuous Improvement Co-op
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 53670BR Date posted 09/14/City Jamestown
State North Dakota
This individual will support the efforts of the Continuous Improvement Promotion Office. They will help to provide guidance for CI efforts and coaching for Value Stream Leadership and employees in their pursuit of Enterprise Excellence. This individual will help the CI team develop improvements to strategy, policy deployment, standard work and recognized practices through the use of recognized CI tools.
* Assist in the implementation of CI strategies supporting aggressive business goals
* Ability to apply and assist the application and use of lean principles and tools toward developing the organization in the least waste way
* Help ensure the principles for excellence and Four Gears principles are developed into the value stream culture through education, demonstration and expectation.
* Nurture an environment that enables real time problem identification and resolution
* Identify and remove barriers to implementation of CI
* Develop the understanding and skills to assist with hands on education, training and application of CI principles and tools
* Assist in all lean transformation efforts throughout the business processes
* Assist with the necessary follow-up actions to close out “to-do” actions after CI events
* Must adhere to all EH & S regulations and policies as well as attend required training courses related to EH & S
Working Conditions – Physical requirements and environment:
* Works in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
* Must be able to access, input, retrieve and send information via computer and telephone.
* Completed Sophomore year in college prior to co-op starting
* Knowledge of lean principles, six sigma or Toyota production system is beneficial
* Ability to make sound business decisions
* Strong personal commitment to CI
* Self-starter with strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills
* Ability to influence and direct others towards CI goals and objectives
* Proven ability in software applications including MS Office
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.