10 months ago
This is an ongoing job posting from which we will pull applications when the requirement arises
Perform First, Second and Third Level repairs on aircraft structural components and ground support equipment. This will include, but not be limited to, the assessment of damage, control of corrosion, repairs, modification and replacement of aircraft structures and structural components using recognized techniques and specialized tools and equipment.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
* Ramp duties include, but are not limited to, pre/post flight inspection and support, elementary tasks, marshalling, parking, towing, fueling/defueling and installation/removal of required mission equipment and crash and salvage response.
* Travel and work in support of mobile repair parties
* Attend training for trade and personnel development and for qualification/certification purposes.
* Sweep and clean hangar, shop, stores and office areas, remove all debris accumulated by tasks performed and maintain a clean, safe work area.
* Adhere to policies, procedures and directives established by the Company.
* Perform other tasks as may be required from time to time.
* Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental policies, with continual focus on individual safety and the safety of others, and fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety legislation.
* Is a graduate of a recognized aircraft maintenance course or apprenticeship program and holds a current Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (AME) “S” license or is qualified as an aircraft Aircraft Structures Technician within the Royal Canadian Air Force or equivalent commercial experience.
* Possesses a thorough knowledge of aircraft structures and structural components, inspection techniques, damage assessment, aircraft materials and hardware, use of special tools and equipment. Knowledge of corrosion control techniques and paint or coating systems.
* Capable of reading and interpreting technical documentation such as maintenance manuals, work packages, drawings, blueprints and Standard Plant Procedures.
* Is qualified on CT114 Tutor aircraft with Aircraft Certification Authority for Aircraft Structures and/or Shop Certification Authority for Off-Aircraft tasks.
* MRA qualified, or have the ability to achieve such qualifications in short notice.
* Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 6S activities in your area.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. IMP Group Ltd. has an Employment Equity Policy and we welcome applications from Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotian’s and Other Racially Visible People, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify, on either your application form, covering letter or resume.