9 months ago
Did you ever want to work in aviation but didn’t know how to break into the industry? Do you like working in a fast-paced environment, often outdoors, around some of the most incredible professionals in the industry? Did you ever wish that you could work for a company where you could grow your career? If so, Atlantic Aviation just may be the employer for you!
Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Atlantic Aviation operates the country's largest premier network of fixed base operations (FBO). With over 65 FBOs in 30 states, Atlantic provides a wide range of aircraft ground handling services including fueling and line services, ground transportation, catering, hangar, and ramp space. Our dynamic growth and outstanding customer service continue to set us apart in the aviation industry. Customer satisfaction remains at the forefront at every location. All our associates receive extensive professional training, so customers can be assured of the same high level of service, no matter which Atlantic facility they choose.
We are seeking self-motivated, safe, positive, enthusiastic, goal oriented individuals for immediate openings as a Custodian / Facility Maintenance at SJC. Corporate aviation continues to be a viable means of travel for many who do not like the long lines and delays often times encountered with the airlines and many corporations are now leasing or purchasing their own private aircraft.
General duties include:
* High level of attention to detail.
* Knowledge of all safety standards for working in and around aircraft and facilities.
* Comply with all airport authority rules and regulations including AOA operations and airport security requirements.
* Maintain high level of safety and customer service.
* Application of the “Atlantic Attitude” at all times.
Essential duties & responsibilities include (but not limited to):
* Empty trash receptacles in the Hangers
* Dust & mop all floors in the Hangers.
* General cleaning furniture, window sills, and walks.
* Clean/stock all restrooms and janitorial closet.
* Record and document all cleaning functions on appropriate logs and report to General Manager.
* Report any major safety item for repair.
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Prospective applicants simply need a strong sense of safety and customer service to apply. This position does require you to work in all weather conditions, and flexibility with your schedule is a must as we operate 24 hours a day. As a minimum requirement, each applicant must possess the following:
* Satisfactory completion of criminal background check, meeting requirements set forth by the Company as well as TSA
* Working knowledge of appropriate local, state and federal building codes
Be at least 18 years of age
A valid state drivers license and meet the company's insurability requirements
High school graduate with two to three years' relevant experience in janitorial and handy man light duties
Experienced light building repair
Aviation / Aircraft hangar experience a plus
Working knowledge of HAZMAT and MSDS procedures/protocols
Good communication skills both written and oral.
Ability to communicate effectively with building and hangar tenant / customers as needed
Good organizational skills and compiles appropriate information to plan and complete assigned tasks
Experience in using a computer, basic internet, emails, etc.
Self-starter, ability and motivation to work independently with minimal direction
Ability to comprehend and perform basic math calculations with minimal errors
Interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
Essential Physical Abilities:
* Visually inspect property, equipment, hangar and building upon request
* Walks up and down stairs for inspections and emergency procedure practice or implementation
* Detects emergency alarms - auditory and/or visual
* Cleaning inspections require getting on hands and knees to inspect inaccessible areas
* Ability to work weekends and extended hours if necessary
* Trained and capable of moving chemical distribution containers, drums and tanks via pallet jack or when required, forklift
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to operate a floor scrubber machine & backpack blower daily.
* Able to climb ladders and perform maintenance activities on building / hangar roofs
Atlantic Aviation…take off into your future!