5 months ago
B/E Aerospace's Engineering Center of Excellence offers innovative and dynamic engineering services to commercial aircraft and private business jets customers. The Engineering Center of Excellence specializes in design, certification and manufacturing engineering for lavatories, galley, economy and business class seating, oxygen systems and aircraft modification programs.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including an Administrative Assistant in our Engineering Center in Wichita, Kansas.
Reporting directly to the site Director of Engineering, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing overall administrative support to the site Director of Engineering and Human Resources Leader. The ideal candidate must enjoy working with people, problem solving, and constant challenges. Excellent written & oral communication skills, working knowledge of Human Resources and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is necessary.
* Work is generally of critical or confidential nature and requires a broad working knowledge of departmental and company practices, policies, programs, and product lines.
* Provides analytical and specialized administrative support of a non-routine, non-repetitive nature to relieve and assist executive, administrative, line and/or staff managers of complex details and advanced administrative duties.
* Independently investigates assigned problems, determining method of research, data and information requirements as well as analysis techniques.
* Supports the HR function including benefits, compensation, new hire orientation, onboarding, employee relations, record keeping, HRIS systems, and legal compliance.
* Greets visitors, answers phones, responds to all inquiries, filing, shredding, scheduling appointments and ordering supplies
* Provides excellent customer service by responding to internal and external inquiries with prompt and accurate information, while maintaining confidential information
* Receives, sorts, and distributes incoming mail. Assists with the preparation of outgoing mail.
* Maintains office supply inventory and places orders when needed
* Arranges and follows through on all maintenance of all office equipment
* Coordinates complex activities between departments and outside parties.
* Assists in processing employee changes and update employee records in HRIS
* Initiates employee file set up and maintains them in accordance with organizational policies
* Maintains bulletin boards for department
* Assists with federal and state compliance regulations
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and six-plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
* Previous experience in an HR confidential-support role is highly desired
* Ability to multitask and handle interruptions of work stream
* Basic knowledge of wage/hour, benefits and employment laws/regulations is desired
* Ability to professionally handle sensitive information and maintain complete confidentiality
* Ability to compose accurately effective correspondence with proficiency in grammar and punctuation
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.