3 months ago
Administrative Assistant - Flight Operations
Apply by Date: Jan 31, 2018
Job Type: Permanent
Number of Openings
Purpose of Position:
To provide and coordinate support for Flight Operations crew members.
* Assist with the distribution and maintenance of operationally required manuals and documentation (Bulletins, Notices, Alerts, Transmittal revisions (TR's), Safety Technical Bulletins (STB's), training documents, etc).
* Assist with booking RAIC appointments, and preparing documentation for local airport authorities.
* Filing to crew mail slots and personnel files. (Bid packages, pay advices, letters, certificates, PPC records, FAM flights, medicals, etc).
* Maintain inventory and distribution of crew uniforms, luggage parts, headsets.
* Control and post documents to the necessary information boards.
* Provide general administrative support and maintenance within the Crew rooms (cleanliness, printer and fax machine toners, paper, supplies, etc).
* Replenish and stock crew forms and coupons. (Onboard Product Compensation form, Jump Seat coupons, Employee Pass coupons, Passenger count forms, Airport forms/updates, etc).
* Create, and maintain crew mail files.
* Assist Onboard Product with cash deposits and pick up.
* Update, forward, and reconcile reports. (Grooming, CARA crew snacks, etc.).
* Update crew parking logs.
* Order pilot business cards.
* Update the Inflight Manager direct report lists.
* Assist with the arrangement of hotel, travel, and boardroom bookings as requested.
* Support and assist with Onboard product reconciliation process and the necessary Guestlogix data entries.
* Distribute pick-up, and courier mail.
* Answer crew inquires by phone, person, or email, and forward calls as necessary.
* Assist in the coordination of crew room employee engagement planning/activities.
* Perform general administrative duties as assigned.
Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, and the safety of co-workers and customers.
Other related duties as assigned.
* The successful candidate must possess excellent problem solving and organizational skills and have the ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and work with minimum supervision.
* Must have a minimum Grade 12 education.
* Post-secondary diploma or college degree is an asset.
* Previous work experience in the airline industry is an asset.
* Previous work experience in an office environment is an asset.
* This position demands meticulous work standards and exemplary interpersonal skills.
* Candidate must possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel and outlook is required.
* Bilingualism (English and French) is required.
* This position requires working at least one day during the weekend.