Using established procedures, performs the accounts receivable function, ensuring accurate and timely processing of business transactions, to provide accurate management reports. Duties include: follow-up with accounts receivable customer to minimize outstanding balances and resolve outstanding issues; sets up credit files; approves credit; processes new customer profiles; sends for credit references; and determines if credit approval can be granted for shipments.
Administers the accounts receivable process including the collection of delinquent accounts.
Processes customer profiles and extends credit to new customers, and sets up credit files accordingly.
Prepares and mails computerized statements to customers.
Makes regular collection calls to customers with overdue accounts to discuss and resolve any outstanding issues/invoices and arranges payment schedules accordingly.
Prepares or assists in the compilation of accounts receivable aging reports, cash forecast reports, and various other credit reports related to the accounts receivable function.
Reconciles customer statements to ensure there is an accurate accounting of all outstanding invoices.
Advises the appropriate management level of bad debt to be written off.
Provides administrative support as needed including receiving telephone calls, data processing, copying, faxing, and filing.
Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
Carries out special projects as assigned.
* Working knowledge of credit and collections
* Working knowledge of integrated financial systems.
* Good organizational, analytical, decision making, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
* Working knowledge of PC's in the current company operating system environment.
* Working knowledge of accounting and business law relative to collection activities.
* Must be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident per ITAR regulations.