26 days ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
ATO Sourcing is responsible for introducing future technologies and engine programs through the development design and build process. ATO procures a broad range of products in support of multiple customers working on our next generation programs. Ability to apply sourcing policies and procedures, interface between supplier and entity with respect to specifications, delivery and test schedules, as well as working with customers to help meet budget targets.
In addition, the (ATO) Advanced Technology Sourcing Lead Buyer will:
* Have a deep understanding and can educate others concerning procurement policies and procedures
* Strong knowledge and understanding of sourcing policies and procedures to achieve a compliant PO placement while achieving customer requirements
* Negotiate terms, conditions and pricing to support the objectives of the business
* Ability to review customer requirements and collaborate across the organization to determine suppliers that are most capable to perform the necessary work
* Work closely with suppliers on amendments for Concurrent Product Development (CPD) in support of the customer’s requirements
* Manage strong relationships with suppliers in support of PO execution
* Develop new solutions under guidance and / or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations
* Balance both tactical execution with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects
* Work together with high level people throughout the business at SPB and EB level
* Actively participate in supplier performance reviews
* Advise functional managers regarding projects, processes and procedures
* Contribute to projects as a team member or leads small projects
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Sourcing)
* Minimum 3 years of procurement or sourcing experience
* Previous Buying / Procurement experience
* Negotiation skills
* Willingness to get military clearance if needed
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small multifunctional teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously and effectively
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
* A skillset is required to be able to adapt and be flexible in working across a wide customer base
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.