4 months ago
The Advisory Developer Architect is responsible for Technical Design, Architecture, Development, Enhancements and Support for Operations Customer Center, OCC, automation and Delta Connection carrier data integration. The Advisory Developer plays the Domain Architect's role on projects as needed providing the conceptual, logical and physical architecture, defining best suited technology.
This position will be in Atlanta
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Define the architectural solution for projects for all aspects of application and infrastructure.
- Present solutions to Delta Enterprise Architecture and development teams for acceptance.
- Facilitate cross-functional meetings with Delta teams and outside vendors to gather technical information from and disseminate technical requirements to infrastructure teams.
- Ensure that the Delta security and methodology standards and procedures are adopted and implemented.
- Leverage Service Oriented Architecture Integration Design Patterns and provide insight into establishing, consuming & routing messages, connectivity protocols and policy.
- Enable the Delta API, Cloud, DevOps, Continuous Integration strategies.
- Mentor Senior Developers on the team.
- Create technical solutions that meet customers' business goals and that customer satisfaction with the project and conclusion is high.
- Act as a Point of contact for technical issues, creating documentation, monitoring service levels.
- Practices safety-conscious behavior in all operational processes and procedures.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- The Advisory Developer Architect position requires a BS/MS degree, preferably in a technical or scientific field.
- 10 years of software and development experience with a minimum and 7+ years of hands-on experience working with Services and Integration Technologies
- Strong written and verbal skills for communicating technical information to a technical and non-technical community
- Demonstrable development experience with highly available event driven application in a high-volume environment.
- Candidate must be solutions oriented using rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, probing all sources for answers.
- Experience with large scale load balanced physical architectures to support consumer facing websites.
- Extensive knowledge of Java internals, JVM tuning and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of various J2EE and servlet containers.
- Proficient in JSON, Struts, Spring, XML, web services (SOAP, REST).
- Understanding of Object modeling and deciphering custom and vendor supplied schemas.
- Knowledge of secure coding and PCI standards.
- Expertise in CI servers and Continuous Integration and Delivery tools/setup with built in test automation.
- Experience with source control, build tools, workflow management and collaboration tools. For example, GIT, Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence, Slack.
- Experience with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Candidate must also have excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Additionally, candidate must be a self-learner with the ability to pick up new technologies and provide tangible results.
- TOGAF or other architect certification a plus
- Must be performing satisfactorily in current position
Delta Air Lines develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.