3 months ago
Aftermarket Electronics Assembler - 1st Shift
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 53221BR Date posted 09/06/City Phoenix
Every second, a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment on board. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach, and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we’re ushering in a new era of customer service, with sophisticated tools that enable real-time customer connections and service anticipation techniques. We combine these innovations with responsive repair performance, product support and issue resolution for our global customers. Anytime. Any place. It’s this kind of best-in-class support that has kept our customers coming back for the past 100 years. Want to join the largest aftermarket network in the industry, with more than 50 maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) locations across 26 countries? You can learn from the best while bringing your fresh perspective and enthusiasm for customer service to our team. If those closest to you would use the words “reliable” and “dependable” to describe you, you could be a good fit for our team!
At our Phoenix MRO, we specialize in the repair of electronic components for aircraft. As an assembly associate with our team, you will have one of the most critical roles—repairing units to keep our customers flying.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
* Assembling a variety of electronic units using prescribed assembly techniques:
* Identifying correct parts, components, wires, and other materials
* Soldering electronic components and using other hand tools
* Operating assembly machines
* Measuring, mixing, and applying chemicals and adhesives
* Reading and interpreting technical data such as component maintenance manuals, assembly instructions, and engineering prints
* Effectively communicating work status to team members and support staff (e.g. shift pass down, engineering, maintenance)
This is a Tuesday – Saturday 1st shift position. As an assembly associate, you may occasionally need to provide additional weekend and holiday support to meet customer needs.
In your role, you will be exposed to:
* Products of various weights and sizes
* Equipment with moving parts
* Chemicals and adhesives that may emit fumes
* High temperature equipment/materials
To minimize safety risk to you and product, you must wear static-control and personal protective equipment.
Due to the nature of our work, you will need to be able to perform the following functions, with or without reasonable accommodation:
* Distinguishing colors and meeting vision requirements
* Bending, stooping, reaching, turning as needed to place units in machines, pick up totes, place units on rack, etc.
* Using hands for extended periods of time to perform assembly tasks (e.g. grasping, holding, picking, placing, twisting, fine manipulation)
* Using magnification devices for extended periods of time to perform verification, assembly, and soldering
* Sitting or standing at a workbench/machine for extended periods of time
* Lifting up to 10 pounds unassisted
* Transporting product with or without product carts
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
* 5 years of direct experience in electronic assembly
* Must be able to read and write fluently in English
* Ability to read and interpret technical data
* Ability to use measuring instruments and hand tools
* Ability to write in a clear and concise technical manner
* Good computer skills and knowledge of office software applications
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
In addition to meeting the minimum requirements, candidates with experience in the following areas will be preferred:
* Continuous improvement processes and tools (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean, etc.)
Authorization to Work Restrictions:
* Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to U.S. persons.
FAA Drug and Alcohol Testing:
* This position is considered safety-sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA's regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
Background Check and Drug Screen:
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check. This position also requires successful completion of a drug screen.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
* High school diploma or equivalent
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.