3 months ago
Are you ready to join one of the most successful companies in the world and help them achieve their quest of becoming a leader in the area of data analytics?
The Boeing Company is looking for a data scientist to support our Analytics & Information Management Services organization. This data scientist will support our focus of driving aftermarket services growth for government data science solutions. Paramount to success in this role is the ability to determine, define and deploy predictive/prescriptive analytic solutions to identify and perform root cause analysis on adverse trends, by choosing best fit methods, defining algorithms, and validating and deploying models to achieve results.
Here is a breakdown of some specific responsibilities this data scientist will take on:
* Modifying and analyzing data sets using complex analytics techniques such as machine learning, advanced statistical analysis, mathematical optimization and simulation.
* Identifying modeling attributes and parameters.
* Applying algorithms to create descriptive, predictive or prescriptive models to achieve analysis.
* Investigating challenging data characteristics, complexity, quality, and meaning.
* Defining performance and identifying trends, outliers and drivers through visualizations and summarizations
* Participating in determination of stakeholders needs and ensures business value is realized.
* Communicating, advising, and collaborating with business partners.
* Supporting development team to deliver production solutions (e.g. visualizations, reports, algorithms, models, dashboards, tools).
Why Work for Boeing?
We take care of our people. Boeing invests more than $23 Billion a year in employees in the form of pay, incentives, benefits and wellbeing programs. At Boeing, Total Compensation is more than a paycheck. It’s a market-leading combination of pay, incentives, benefits and well-being programs that can help you through all aspects of life. This includes:
* Competitive Base Salary with potential for yearly performance adjustments
* Industry leading health care options
* 401K with company match (Ranked #2 in the country by Bloomberg)
* Yearly performance bonus
* Lots of PTO! This includes vacation, sick leave, holidays, and a company-wide winter break.
* Tuition reimbursement
* Company discount program. (Get discounts on everything from Apple to Zipcar)
We provide opportunities to work on groundbreaking projects and technology. From commercial airplanes and military fighter jets to satellites and space exploration, Boeing’s knowledge of design and manufacturing of all things in the air is unmatched—by anyone. You will be part of an organization that is working to solve the world’s most difficult aerospace problems.
We innovate. We imagine the impossible and make it a reality through our integrated One Boeing approach. Our teams in Data Science, Engineering, Human Resources, Procurement, Marketing & Sales, and so many more, work in tandem to give insight that becomes actionable intelligence to improve customer experiences, bring warfighters home safely, and deliver desired outcomes.
We deliver, every day. And have for more than 100 years. Whether through on-time arrivals or completed missions, Boeing delivers outcomes and insights that are making the world a place with limitless possibilities.
CIO, Information & Analytics
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
* The ability to obtain a U.S. Secret Security Clearance (current clearance is preferred).
* Experience developing data science solutions using machine learning methodologies and tools (e.g. Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Support Vector Machines, Neural Networks, Deep Learning (Tensorflow)).
* Experience working with cross functional teams and business partners defining data requirements and incorporating analytics into their processes including through visualizations, user interfaces, and operational improvements.
* 3+ years of object oriented programming experience (e.g. R, Python, Java, etc.).
* 3+ years of experience working with big data analytics databases and interpreting data (e.g. SQL, Teradata, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Hbase, NoSQL, graph DB’s).
* Technical bachelor's degree or higher.
* Experience in Government programs.
Contingent Upon Program Award