Requisition #: 264661
Delta Air Lines is hiring business analysts as software administrators to support and maintain airline operations software for critical Aircraft Communications and Reporting Systems (ACARS) to support the Operations and Customer Center that is used to manage the airline operation.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
The AIRCOM Server functions as the gateway for all ACARS traffic at Delta Air Lines connecting to ARINC (Aeronautical Radio, Incorporated), SITA (Soci t Internationale de T l communications A ronautiques), AVICOM Japan (provides aviation communications for Japanese airlines) and other Datalink Service Providers. Flight critical messages such as Weight Data Record, movement times, en route position reports, gate assignments, take-off performance, weather, engine performance, ETOPS (extended operations) APU (auxiliary power unit) testing, and diversions are sent via ACARS today. AIRCOM translates ACARS messages customized to Premerger Northwest and Delta fleets and therefore provides a transparent service for users such as pilots, dispatchers, load planners, ATL Radio, maintenance coordinators as well as ground automation systems such as OSS (Operations Support System), FEDS (Flight Event Data Store), SCEPTRE (System Computerized for Economical Performance Tracking, Recording & Evaluation), CNO (Crew Notification), AMMRS (ACARS Maintenance Message Response System), COLA (Crew Operational Landing Assessment), FMC (Flight Management Computer), NOTAMS (Notice to Airmen), Mercury IFE (InFlight Entertainment) and NADA (NEF ACARS Downlink Application). AIRCOM also translates the new 601/602 messages avionics harmonizing ACARS screens and messages across all fleets for Flight Operations and IT.
- Responsible for all ACARS translations via models and templates
- Responsible for all monitoring (including end to end), alerting, and support
- Working with end users in gathering requirements,
- Works well in a team environment across geographical area
- Interact with users, other portfolios, vendors, and business for full life cycle of project.
- Troubleshoot, coordinate, and maintain production systems/programs/applications, as needed
- Perform root cause analysis to quickly recover from service interruptions, and to prevent recurring problems
- Produce scheduled and ad hoc reports as necessary
- Assist in maintenance and communication of project status reports and tracking.
- Provide user support and coordinate resolution of issues to include change management, root cause analysis, and appropriate escalation as needed.
- Requires 24x7 support rotation
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Working knowledge of aircraft communications, including ACARS systems in both the flight deck and cabin environments
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- ACARS Message Knowledge (3-5 years)
- Aircraft Avionics knowledge a plus
- Flight Operations knowledge (crew procedures) a plus
- Flight Dispatch knowledge a plus
- Delta systems knowledge around OSS, FEDS, Riverbed, Spectrum a plus
- Delta Infrastructure knowledge around TTY (Teletype), MQ (Message Queuing), DRN (DACS Replacement Network - for communication into OSS), and SQL Server a plus
- Motivated self-starter with problem-solving talent, applicant must be able to self-manage and work independently
- Attention to detail, able to multi task and ability to prioritize tasks and execute them accordingly with a high degree of focus
- Candidate must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to prepare and present technical reports and briefings in a clear and concise manner to internal and external customer
- Ability to work well in dynamic environment and to anticipate and mitigate problems.
- Must have excellent conflict resolution and troubleshooting skills
- Proactive attitude and desire to create a positive and rewarding work culture
- The ideal candidate would have a commitment to learning and staying abreast of all ACARS advances, Delta directions by fleet and fleet changes and future direction
- They would be able to meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a team setting
- They would have excellent, concise written communication and their verbal communication must be clear and easily understood for resolving issues on technical conference bridge calls
- Any management or project management or project management experience a plus
- They would be very collaborative with other team members and be able to mentor other team members.
Delta Air Lines develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.