Equipment: All Aircraft
Category: Contract, Contract to Direct, or Direct Openings
Now is your chance! PlaneTechs is looking to employ Aircraft Avionic Technicians at various sites all across the country with exciting bonus plans and weekly direct deposits. Aircraft Avionic Technicians with your skills are in high demand and PlaneTechs has the opening to further your career and/or maximize your earning potential. Whether looking for a short term temporary assignment, an assignment that can lead to permanent employment, or a direct position with a leading aviation company, PlaneTechs is here to assist you in achieving your short and long term goals.
Aircraft Avionic Technicians tasks typically include:
- Within budgeted or estimated time, repair, modify, install, and perform routine maintenance of all Avionics systems with accuracy and with minimal assistance.
- Accurately interpret maintenance manuals, service bulletins, wiring diagrams, system schematics, drawings, engineering orders and other documents from both the customer and company.
- Apply deductive reasoning to troubleshoot and repair and/or check complex systems.
- Properly utilize Avionics test equipment to perform systems test and keep abreast of new and advanced test equipment and the use of such equipment.
- Properly utilized and maintain Avionics hand tools to perform repairs and installations.
- Keep leadership and co-workers apprised of work progress and/or problems.
- Accurately document work performed as set forth by company and customer maintenance programs on a daily basis using the standard format. Prepare routine reports and correspondence.
- Fabricate per drawings and standard practices wire bundles and assemblies to include marking of wires, properly securing wires into bundles, and termination of wires into a variety of contacts and connectors.
- Take immediate corrective action regarding unsafe conditions.
- Operate ground support equipment e.g. power carts, Hi-Reach, etc. as required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Typical Avionic Technicians Requirements: (may vary from site to site)
- Working knowledge of Avionics systems and their operation and the proven ability to troubleshoot basic problems.
- A broad, overall knowledge of other aircraft systems e.g. hydraulic, flight controls, etc. and major components.
- The ability to perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions such as add, subtract, divide in units of measure and ability to compute rate, rations and percentages.
- Demonstrated ability to research proper hand-tools utilizing standard wiring practices manuals.
- 3 years recent hands-on related, commercial or military heavy aircraft avionics experience.
- Airframe license.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A valid clear driver's license.
- Open availability when it comes to shifts
- Able to pass background checks
- Able to pass drug tests
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.