2 months ago
Please join us in Tucson, AZ for work on heavy c and d checks on commercial aircraft. You are supported by our on-site PlaneTechs representative providing housing recommendations, orientation assistance and more.
Your Role will be to:
* Within budgeted or estimated time, repair, modify, install, and perform routine maintenance of all Avionics systems with accuracy and with minimal assistance.
* Accurately interpret maintenance manuals, service bulletins, wiring diagrams, system schematics, drawings, engineering orders and other documents from both the customer and company.
* Apply deductive reasoning to troubleshoot and repair and/or check complex systems.
* Properly utilize Avionics test equipment to perform systems test and keep abreast of new and advanced test equipment and the use of such equipment.
* Properly utilized and maintain Avionics hand tools to perform repairs and installations. Keep leadership and coworkers apprised of work progress and/or problems.
* Accurately document work performed as set forth by company and customer maintenance programs on a daily basis using the standard format. Prepare routine reports and correspondence.
* Fabricate per drawings and standard practices wire bundles and assemblies to include marking of wires, properly securing wires into bundles, and termination of wires into a variety of contacts and connectors.
* Take immediate corrective action regarding unsafe conditions.
* Operate ground support equipment e.g. power carts, HiReach, etc. as required.
* Other duties may be assigned.
* Working knowledge of Avionics systems and their operation and the proven ability to troubleshoot basic problems.
* A broad, overall knowledge of other aircraft systems e.g. hydraulic, flight controls, etc. and major components.
* The ability to perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions such as add, subtract, divide in units of measure and ability to compute rate, rations and percentages.
* Demonstrated ability to research proper hand tools utilizing standard wiring practices manuals.
* Recent hands on related, commercial or military heavy aircraft avionics experience.
* Airframe license.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* A valid clear driver's license.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.