3 months ago
Implements quality control programs to ensure compliance with contract specifications, for example Modification Work Orders (MWO), Technical Bulletins (TB’s), Retrofit Service Notice (RSN), Statement of Work (SOW), and/or Depot Level Repairs.
Inspects and verifies proper completion, established standards, and documentation IAW U.S. Army and L-3 procedures.
Performs audits and inspections of work centers and ongoing maintenance actions, procedures, and equipment and facilities.
Reviews maintenance source documents (MWO's/TB’s/RSN’s/SOW's/Depot Maintenance Work Requirements DMWR) and aircraft inspection records then notes recurring discrepancies or trends.
Monitors the material deficiency and technical order improvement programs (AMAM’S/ASAM's/ SOF's/DD Form 2028's).
Initiates, reviews and submits quality deficiency reports, technical deficiency reports, and hazardous material reports, ensuring they are accurate, clear, concise, and comprehensive.
Reviews engineering investigation request.
* Assists in putting together estimate/proposals for Special projects, i.e. SRA Program.
* Reviews Workbook package prior to submitting them for signature by L-3 and QARs.
* Maintains record files on all completed Maintenance Final packages for the entire CFT Site and Road Teams.
* Inputs and maintains transmittal log of completed final packages and ships the fill boxes to Home Office once a week.
* Prepares and publishes workbooks for MWO, TB, RSN, SOW, and SRA applications.
* Submits the DD Form 2026 for AOAP Program, as required.
* Maintains aircraft weight and balance records, utilizing AWBS.
* Maintains aircraft Logbook, Historical Record, and Weight and Balance record per aircraft.
* Submits the DA Form 2410.
* Creates Logbooks for GSE prescribe equipment, i.e. AGPU’s.
* Assigns Control Number and processes (submits) QDR’s On-Line.
* Assigns Control Number and processes Non-Conforming/Deviation REQUEST.
* Assigns Control Numbers and logs Control Exchange/Substitution Authorization Forms.
* Submits Reports of QDR’s and Controlled Exchange on a scheduled basis.
* Reviews received ECOD’s for accuracy prior to submitting for Maintenance Engineering Call (MEC).
* Requests and submits by e-mail for the TPWD necessary funds approval to accomplish RESET and Non-RESET Depot repairs, aircraft airframes.
Computer Operator – Adapts to a variety of nonstandard problems, which require extensive operator intervention (e.g., frequent introduction of new programs, applications, or procedures). In response to computer output instructions or error conditions, chooses or devises a course of action from among several alternatives and alters or deviates from standard procedures if standard procedures do not provide a solution.
Distributes MWO's/TB’s/RSN’s, SOW’s and SRA’s, Workbooks, and Memorandums to road team CFT's as directed by Senior Site Lead, AMCOM QAR, or AMCOM Project Officer.
Inspects demonstrator and production aircraft systems, equipment and parts for operation and conformance to government and company standards and specifications.
Inspects the installation and operation of electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic, fuel, oil, and emergency systems and other parts and equipment of aircraft.
Performs preflight and post flight inspections in accordance with standard procedure on flight-proven aircraft.
Approves non-flight-proven aircraft for flight.
Inspects, adjustments, repairs, or modifications made on the aircraft.
May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
This position requires extensive travel.
Equal opportunity employer - minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
This position requires extensive travel.
High school graduate or equivalent.
A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience as a Technical Inspector on aircraft is required.
Prior Military Aviation experience is preferred.
Supervisory experience is preferred.
Must be able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings, technical manuals and use measuring instruments, gauges, tools, and test equipment.
Must be knowledgeable of ANSI/ISO/ASQ Q9001-2000 quality management systems requirements.
Must be familiar with aircraft Automated Log Book program (ULLS-A).
Completion of Military Technical Training or comparable Civilian Trade School is desired. An FCC License may be required for non-military aircraft
Must be certified to perform tasks specified in L-3 Standard Operating Procedures Manual, if required to perform those tasks.
Physical Requirements: Primarily office environment. Must have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes. At times, must be able to work in aircraft hangar environment and board / exit aircraft. At times, must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crouch, balance, and stoop. Must be able to walk particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another. Must be able to work primarily with fingers such as typing. Must be able to work at heights, subject to noise, subject to a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, work on scaffolding, exposure to heat/cold. Must be able to communicate effectively.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 75 % of the Time
: Team Leader / Supervisor
: Feb 23, 2018, 4:21:58 PM
: Test And Inspection