3 months ago
PlaneTechs is seeking Aircraft Interior Installers for work on wide-body VIP aircraft. This is located in Waco, Texas and offering a pay rate of $35.00 per hour / $52.50 OT.
* Safely perform installation, and/or fabrication of wide-body VIP aircraft interiors (which may include galleys, closets, lavatories, side ledges, bulkheads, doors and panels).
* Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with Repair Station procedures, internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications.
* Install cabin and cockpit seats and furniture.
* Fabricates and does simple layout on such items as boxes, brackets, clips, etc.
* Will also be required to assist Aircraft Mechanics, under supervision, with aircraft maintenance requirements.
* Removes and installs all interior components and soundproofing materials to meet company quality standards
* Reads and interprets blueprints, drawings, and production procedures to determine measurements and installation procedures
* Measures and marks installation areas in aircraft interior, using measuring and marking instruments and templates
* Fits and installs items in aircraft, using hand tools, power tools, and fasteners, such as screws, rivets, bolts, and speed nuts
* Fabricates and installs supporting structural devices, such as clips, brackets, angles, gussets, and doublers, using shop equipment
* Tests functional performance of installed items
* Other tasks as assigned.
* Min 4 years’ Interior experience.
* Advanced knowledge of wide-body VIP aircraft installation and/or fabrication processes applicable to the specific position, such as removal and installation of galleys, monument cabinets, closets, lavatories, side ledges, bulkheads, doors, panels; working with composite panels made from Nomex honeycomb, fiberglass, Lexan, acrylic materials, etc
* Must have experience with basic hand tools and have knowledge of mechanical skills.
* Requires the ability to read, interpret and work from engineering drawings, blueprints, T.O. specs and engineering specifications.
* Ability to assemble close tolerance parts and use hand tools such as pneumatic drills and rivet gun.
* Must adhere to policies and procedures.
* Must wear approved PPE.
* Must be eligible to work any shift and overtime as required.
* Must be able to obtain security clearance.