9 months ago
This hourly, non-exempt position requires a basic knowledge of turbine aircraft and the related systems. The job includes varying amounts of parts replacement or repair, electrical troubleshooting, hydraulic and pneumatic system work, inspection of aircraft or systems and general mechanical applications. Job duties will vary each day and are designated by the Team Leader in charge of the project.
* Perform general mechanical functions on aircraft and related systems. This shall include, but not be limited to items such as removal and installation of panels and components, repair work and sheet metal repair or installation.
* Troubleshooting and evaluation of systems on the aircraft when designated.
* Inspection and evaluation of the aircraft and components when designated.
* Aircraft movement, assistance in performance runs and taxiing when required.
* Maintenance and repair of shop facility, equipment and tooling when required.
* Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
EducationHigh school diploma or equivalent.
Airframe and Powerplant License preferred.
ExperienceAirframe and Powerplant license preferred.
1 year prior experience on aircraft maintenance preferred.
Turbine aircraft experience preferred, but not essential.
InitiativeSelf-motivated and able to maintain a rapid pace.
ResponsibilityAttend work every day as scheduled to include overtime and weekend assignments.
Notify supervisor in advance of shift starting if unable to work.
Must have reliable transportation to get to work each and every day.
Perform all work in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration guidelines.
Follow all company and safety rules during performance of duties.
Maintain customer oriented work habits.
ContactsOther technicians in turbine service or other departments.
Team Leader of team assigned, Director of Maintenance.
Company sales representatives.
Customers or outside vendors.
Physical Requirements Lifts 50 lbs.
Routine walking, bending and squatting or sitting.
Routine or repetitive physical motion with arms and hands.
Mental Requirements Understanding and implementation of regulations and guidelines.
Troubleshoot or evaluate system operation.
Work with others in a professional manner.
SupervisionWork under supervision of assigned Team Leader and Director of Maintenance.
May be directed to supervise other technicians in some capacity.
Working Conditions The majority of work will be accomplished in a heated hangar.
Work outside during aircraft runs will occur.
Varied positions in and around the aircraft.
Equipment UsedPersonal hand tools supplied by the mechanic.
Pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical equipment.
Jacks, stands, lifts and other support devices.
Tugs, power carts and other engine powered equipment.