10 months ago
This hourly non-exempt position requires a basic knowledge of turbine aircraft and related systems. The job includes varying amounts of parts replacement or repair, electrical troubleshooting, hydraulic and pneumatic system work, inspection of aircraft or systems and general mechanic applications. Job duties will vary each day and are designated by the Team Leader in charge of the project. Will be required to work independently or lead small projects. Will have direct customer contact.
* Attend work every day as scheduled to include overtime and weekend assignments. Notify supervisor in advance of shift starting if unable to work.
* Must have reliable transportation to get to work each and every day.
* Perform general mechanical functions on aircraft and related systems. This shall include, but not be limited to items such as removal and installation of panels and components, repair work and sheet metal repair or installation.
* Troubleshooting and evaluation of systems on the aircraft when designated.
* Inspection and evaluation of the aircraft and components when designated.
* Aircraft movement, assistance in performance runs and taxiing when required.
* Maintenance and repair of shop facility, equipment and tooling when required.
* Work independently on projects or lead small projects when directed by Team Leader.
* Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Airframe and Powerplant License.
Aircraft specific factory training preferred.
Airframe and Powerplant license minimum.
5 – 10 years prior experience on aircraft maintenance preferred.
3 – 5 years turbine aircraft experience.
Self-motivated and able to maintain a rapid pace.
Process work with minimum supervision
Provide incentive to other Team Leaders.
Must perform all work in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration guidelines.
Follow all company and safety rules during the performance of duties
Maintain customer oriented work habits.
Direct the work and flow of small projects
Other technicians in turbine service or other departments.
Team Leader of team assigned and Director of Maintenance.
Company sales representatives.
Customers and / or outside vendors.
Lift at least 50 lbs.
Routine walking, bending and squatting or sitting.
Routine or repetitive physical motion with arms and hands.
Understanding and implementation of regulations and guidelines.
Troubleshoot or evaluate system operation.
Work with others in a professional manner.
Team management skills.
Will work under supervision of assigned Team Leader and Director of Maintenance.
May be directed to supervise other technicians in specific jobs.
Work with minimal supervision when required.
The majority of work will be accomplished in a heated hangar.
Work outside during aircraft runs will occur.
Varied positions in and around the aircraft.
Personal hand tools supplied by the mechanic.
Pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical equipment.
Jacks, stands, lifts and other support devices.
Tugs, power carts and other engine powered equipment.
Personal computer and work order prints.