11 months ago
West Star Aviation continues to be recognized as an industry leader in technical expertise, experience and world-class customer service by being voted #1 Preferred MRO in Professional Pilot Magazine's 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 PRASE survey (Preferences Regarding Aviation Services and Equipment)!
Our Grand Junction, CO facility has exciting career opportunities for mid to senior level AMT's with recent experience inspecting, servicing, troubleshooting, repairing and returning to service Bombardier Challenger or Global aircraft!
Multiple openings available on the following work shifts:
1st shift = 7am – 3:30pm, Mon - Fri, plus overtime as needed
2nd shift = 3pm – 11pm, Mon - Fri, plus overtime as needed
$2 per hour shift pay!
Weekend shift = 7am – 7pm, 3, 12-hour shifts Fri - Sun, plus overtime as needed
Work 36 hours and get paid for 40!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Perform general mechanic functions on aircraft and related systems. This shall include, but not limited to items such as removal and installation of panels and components, repair work, and sheet metal repair or installation.
* Perform advance level troubleshooting and repairs.
* Examines, disassembles and inspects engines, parts or other components for wear, warping, breaks, leaks or other non-conformities or deficiencies.
* Assembles and installs electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components and accessories, using hand tools and power tools.
* Services and maintains aircraft systems by performing tasks, including, but not limited to flushing crankcase, cleaning screens, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes.
* Repairs, replaces, and rebuilds aircraft structures, functional components, and parts, such as wings and fuselage, rigging, and hydraulic units.
* Tests engine and system operations, using testing equipment, and listens to engine sounds to detect and diagnose malfunctions.
* Removes engine from aircraft or installs engine, using hoist or forklift truck.
* Disassembles, and or modifies aircraft structures, systems, or components, following drawings, engineering orders and technical publications.
* Reads and interprets aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
* Adjusts, aligns, and calibrates aircraft systems, using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment.
* Maintain and repair of shop facility, equipment and tooling when required.
* Work independently on projects when required.
* 3+ years experience maintaining, inspecting, servicing and repairing Bombardier Challenger or Global aircraft.
* FAA A&P License and high school diploma or GED.
* Prefer candidates who possess an Associate Degrees in Aviation Maintenance or related area of study.
* Must be able to work overtime as needed.
* Work schedule assignments will be made based on business need along with demonstrated level of knowledge, skills and experience.
* Must be able to read, write, interpret and speak the English language.
* Complete work in accordance with WSA standard operating procedures, quality manuals, aircraft manuals and FAA regulations.
* Adhere to standard work & safety rules.
* Be self-motivated, able to work well in a team-oriented environment and take pride in work performed.
* Able to lift at least 50 lbs or more.
* Routine standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting or stooping.
* Manual work requires routine or repetitive physical motion with arms and hands.
* Work in performed in an aircraft hangar environment subject to extreme temperature variations from very cold to very hot.