The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing, assisting, and advising on all assigned maintenance activities of ACI Jet and outside client aircraft. These activities must be done while maintaining a positive and productive relationship with ACI Jet’s employees, vendors and clients by personally performing these duties or through subordinate staff members.
The Maintenance Technician reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include the following (other duties may be assigned as required by management):
- Reports daily to their respective Maintenance Team Leader.
- Towing aircraft, taxiing aircraft and performing run ups in accordance with applicable standards and procedures.
- Ensures completion of all aircraft servicing functions including but not limited to: oxygen/nitrogen service, oil and hydraulic fluid checks, etc.
- Submits all required work orders, reports, and other forms to the appropriate company authority in an organized and timely manner.
- Maintains a close, productive, and beneficial relationship with ACI Jet managers, peers, colleagues, manufacturer’s representatives, repair facilities, and the FAA.
- Ensures the safety and quality of all assigned duties and responsibilities by actively and positively participating in ACI Jet’s SQMS program.
- Completing tasks assigned to himself / herself in accordance with the procedures set forth in ACI Jet’s various maintenance manuals (Repair Station & Quality Control Manual and Air Carrier Operations General Maintenance Manual).
- Comply with all FARs, Operations Specifications, Company Policies, and Company Procedures.
- Ensuring that the appropriate technical data is available during the performance of maintenance, preventive maintenance and alteration activities.
- Ensure the shop premises are maintained in a clean and orderly manner.
- Ensure that all maintenance or alteration processes are appropriately completed and documented electronically on the maintenance forms as set forth in ACI Jet’s manuals.
- Determine whether a hidden damage inspection should be performed, what should be done and properly perform maintenance.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A passion for aviation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid A&P License.
- Must have at least 3-5 years of experience in aviation maintenance, preferably corporate.
- Must be able to work as a part of a team in a high stress, fast paced environment.
- Must be a highly motivated and organized.
- Must be computer proficient (MS Office, Aviation Maintenance Software).
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, climb, kneel, squat, and stand for extended periods.
- Be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug test.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- FAR 135 Maintenance Experience
- Gulfstream, Cessna, and Bombardier factory training
- College or Technical degree preferred
This position is a DOT Safety Sensitive position which will require placement in a random drug test pool.
Maintenance Technicians perform on-call duties and will require the candidate to work nights, weekends, and holidays.