|Aircraft Mechanic I|
|Type:||3 mos + contract|
|Description:||Aircraft Mechanic I
3+ Month Contract
The Aircraft Mechanic I (Structural) evaluate malfunctions in aircraft structure, and flight surfaces. This mechanic repairs, replaces, modify and rebuilds aircraft structures, such as primary and secondary structure, access panels and composite fairings using hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment such as shears, sheet metal brake, rivet gun, and drills on H-60 airframes. This worker reads and interprets manufacturers' maintenance manuals, service bulletins, technical data, engineering data, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged structures. This mechanic performs 100-hour, progressive, isochronal, phase, periodic, and other hourly or calendar inspections. Performs repairs and modification of aircraft structure, functional spare parts and assemblies. Enters in the maintenance records description of the work performed and verifies the work was performed satisfactorily.
Candidate must have a high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years intermediate level structural repair or modification experience required.
- Must be proficient in reading and interpreting schematics, engineering drawings and technical manuals / technical orders.
- Aircraft Maintenance Experience
- Must be flexible to work extended/multiple shifts, and travel as required to meet delivery schedules.
- H-60 experience preferred.
- Documented Military/DOD Service School or Civilian/FAA equivalent training desired.
- Applicants with a current active Secret level security clearance are preferred.
- Depot maintenance repair experience on H-60 aircraft.
- Experience in replacement and repair of primary airframe structure on H-60 airframes.
- Experience with one of the listed airframes H-60, AH-64, CH-47 or OH-58.
|Location||Lexington , KY|
|Minimum Experience (yrs):||3-5 years|
|Required Education:||High School|