9 months ago
ZENETEX specializes in management and technology support services for a variety of federal agencies and commercial organizations. We have opportunities for qualified Aircraft Mechanics to support our MALS - 11 Contractor Field Team at MCAS Miramar.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Makes repairs to aircraft and follows direction of higher graded workers
* Troubleshoots malfunctions in aircraft structure, landing gear, flight surfaces and controls, anti- icing, pneudraulic, engines, auxiliary power unit, and ventilation and heating systems.
* Repairs, replaces, and rebuilds aircraft structures, such as wings and fuselage, and functional components including rigging, surface controls, and plumbing and hydraulic units, using hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment such as shears, sheet metal brake, welding equipment, rivet gun, and drills
* Reads and interprets manufacturers' and airline's maintenance manuals, service bulletins, technical data, engineering data, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components
* Replaces or repairs worn or damaged components, such as carburetors, alternators, magnetos, fuel controls, fuel pumps, oil pumps, and engine mounted gearboxes, and compressor bleed valves using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment
* Removes engine from aircraft using hoist or forklift truck, disassembling and inspecting parts for wear, cracks, security, or other defects, and Repairing or replacing defective engine parts and reassembles and installs engine in aircraft
* Adjusts, repairs, or replaces electrical wiring system and aircraft accessories, performs preflight, thru-flight, and post-flight maintenance inspections, performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, including flushing crankcase, cleaning screens and filters, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes
* Supervises the jacking and towing of aircraft, enters in the maintenance records description of the work performed and verifies the work was performed satisfactorily, service engines and airframe components at line station making repairs, short of overhaul, required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition, specialize in work, repair and modification of structural, precision, and functional spare parts and assemblies, and specialize in engine repair
Education and Experience Requirements
* High school diploma or GED required
* A minimum of 4 years of aviation experience performing the above duties and responsibilities
* F404 Engine experience desired but not required
* Must have a combination of experience to repair engines, sheet metal, structural, hydraulic, electrical, power train and general mechanical maintenance of moderate difficulty, required to meet the assigned missions
* Work will require a high level of hand dexterity and finger use in both hands, close vision corrected/uncorrected to 20/20, prolonged periods of standing and sitting in combination with stooping, bending, reaching, pulling, and pushing, as well as ability to lift 25lbs and over with assistance.
Work Environment (ADA)
* May be required to work in areas in the hangar and on the flight line that are noisy and dusty. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. May be required to wear personal protective equipment, when applicable.
* This position will require an active DoD Secret security clearance.
ZENETEX is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.