PenAir is an Equal Opportunity Employer
(AIRCRAFT MECHANIC I
Reports To: Lead Mechanic
Basic Function: repairs and services aircraft.
1. A&P / A or P certificated mechanic.
2. Able to obtain airport operating area ramp badge.
3. Possess own hand tools adequate to perform aircraft maintenance.
4. Able to properly wear supplied personal protective equipment.
5. The Aircraft Mechanic I is considered an entry level with little to no industry experience, or little to no experience on aircraft type.
6. Must be able to maintain a valid driver’s license.
B. Authority: Perform a Return to Service (14 CFR Part 43.7 and 65.81(a)).
1. Performing elementary or basic repairs, installations, refurbishing, servicing, inspections, checks, and tests as specified in the applicable work sheets and job cards.
2. Perform basic tasks in a safe manner without constant supervision.
3. Signing for and being responsible for the work that he has accomplished as well as the work of all other mechanics that may have aided him.
4. Basic ability to read mechanical, electrical drawings, and system schematics.
5. Basic knowledge of FAA regulations, requirements, and limitations which relate to Aircraft Mechanics.
6. Ability to climb, lift, and carry heavy and awkward parts and to perform precise manual work in awkward positions.
7. Ability to receive and follow oral and written instructions in a clear and concise manner.
8. Use the proper procedures, methods and practices in each job function to produce airworthy work.
9. Properly sign out parts obtained from the Parts Room.
10. Upon completion of in-house repairs, ensure the PenAir Work Order is completed in accordance with GMM Chapter III.
11. Additional duties will be keeping the hanger and shop area clean and orderly, assist in aircraft reconfigurations, keep the exterior of the aircraft clean, and any other duties assigned to him by the shift supervisor (Production Supervisor, Lead) or Maintenance Manager.
12. Ability to tow aircraft and use aircraft maintenance ground equipment.
D. Training Requirements:
1. Attend annual maintenance recurrent training.
2. Mechanic I is always seeking areas or extra skill sets to improve their personal knowledge and abilities on PenAir aircraft types; striving to attain Mechanic 2 qualifications.
1. Annual Performance Reviews.
2. Internal Audit Program findings.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
(Compensation: Nonexempt; salary depends on experience)