11 months ago
Aircraft on Ground (AOG) Desk Coordinator
Apply by Date: Jul 24, 2017
Job Type: Permanent
Shift: Shift Work
Number of Openings
Purpose of Position:
To carry out all required aspects of the technical procurement function in support of all Aircraft On Ground (AOG) activity, ensuring value is maximized in all negotiations. Acts as liaison between vendors and maintenance to ensure parts are purchased in accordance with specifications.
* The AOG Desk Coordinator (Buyer) will be accountable to support the Systems Operational Control (SOC) Department and operational stakeholders in support of critical part requirements to minimize service impacts to Jazz operations.
* Provide operational system updates related to parts required for operations.
* Carry out daily operational activities when moving parts or placing orders, in compliance with company policies.
* Purchase of goods or services up to the approved spending limit.
* Facilitate Supply Management department daily conference calls in discussion of ongoing issues and delegating take-away issues for action.
* Source parts components and ensure delivery of material to meet operational time requirements.
* Ensure that all materials procured meet company and government standards for quality. Ensure the use of best practices when procuring goods and services.
* Assists other operators/customers who are AOG for critical parts requirements through sales or rentals order.
* Provide support to Maintenance Planning Line Checks, Heavy Maintenance, and 3rd Party Aircraft work.
* Action critical stock shortages that have a potential operational impact. Assist in mitigation of potential shortages.
* Maintain accurate records and files of expediting activities.
* Coordinate with Inventory Control to review identified parts where usage or location is being driven by the operation.
* Maintain Operational Trackers used for data collection.
* Must be a team player and be willing to be flexible in terms of coverage/schedules.
* Support other supply management tasks delegated to the group.
* Other related duties as assigned.
* Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, and the safety of co-workers and customers.
* The ideal candidate will be available to work a shift schedule including days, evenings, and overnights in support of our 24-hour per day, 365 day per year operation.
* Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment and multitask.
* High school diploma is required.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel is required.
* Purchasing experience is considered an asset.
* Aviation experience is an asset.
* AOG Desk experience handling operation and logistics issues is an asset.
* Bachelor degree, Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP), Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) or equivalent considered an asset.
* Any procurement training is an asset.