3 months ago
L3 RASM-E is a diverse program located in several locations on the east coast. Our Headquarter office is located in Ft. Bragg, NC. This position will support the CH47, AH64 and H-60 aircraft located throughout RASM-E.
Work hours will typically be are Monday – Friday day shift, but can vary due to the mission requirements. You may need to work weekends and or holidays as the mission requires.
SUMMARY: Responsible for inspecting quality of aircraft by ACE standards. These inspections will be reported directly to CCAD to track material condition of aircraft within RASM-E.
• Performs special ACE inspections IAW ACE TB, corrosion control inspections on aircraft, as required.
• Provides technical guidance, instructions, and interpretation of written instructions and procedures as required to assure acceptable quality work and flight line services.
• Inputs, transcribes, creates and/or recreates aircraft log book data
• Must demonstrate the ability to use, with accuracy, all measuring, test, and diagnostic equipment (TMDE) normally associated with aircraft maintenance operations.
• Must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of aircraft, aircraft systems, components and engines, aircraft metals and structures, and acceptable maintenance and repair practices.
• May be assigned to provide on the job training (OJT) to newly assigned Inspectors, when required.
• Responsible for complying with most recent L-3 policies and procedures.
• Uses most current approved methods and publications in the performance of the assigned job.
• May perform those assignments of employees holding the next higher classification in the line of progression.
• Completes and maintains records and reports as required by job assignment.
• Performs duties using automated equipment and software utilized in the functional assignment.
• Responsible for complying with corporate and installation physical security requirements.
• Responsible for daily entry of individual hours worked in company timekeeping system.
• Other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS & ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• Must be knowledgeable of ANSI/ISO/ASQ Q9001-2000/AS9110 quality management systems requirements.
• Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license when required by job assignment.
• Must obtain and maintain the level of Industrial Security Clearance required by the Government. Must be able to obtain and maintain required clearance for Common Access Card (CAC).
• Must have a minimum of 5 years Aircraft Technical Inspector experience
• Will be required to attend the ACE training class at CCAD and must stay with L-3 for 1 year after class. If you leave prior to 1 year you may be responsible for repayment of the class and TDY pay received.
• Must be willing to travel 75% of the year.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to work in aircraft hangar environment. Must be able to climb/board aircraft. Must be able to bend, stoop, balance, kneel, crouch, reach, grasp. Must be able to walk for long distances moving from one work site to another. Must be able to work primarily with fingers such as for typing. Must be able to communicate effectively. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Must be able to lift/maneuver up to 20 pounds. Must have close visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, visual inspection involving small defects or small parts. Must be able to work in extreme heat. Will be subject to noise and hazards such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat. Subject to atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation. Must be able to work in narrow aisles or passageways.
RANDOM DRUG TESTING PROGRAM
All employees are required to participate in the L3 random drug testing program. L3 supports a drug free work environment.
L3 Vertex Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity to apply. We maintain a drug-free tobacco-free work place and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
US Security Clearance Required: Public Trust
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 75 % of the Time
: Sector - Logistics Solutions-21000028
: Individual Contributor
: Jan 11, 2018, 4:01:41 PM
: Test And Inspection