9 months ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating® and also rated as Best Regional Airline in North America by Skytrax.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, North Bay, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston, Washington (Dulles), Pittsburgh and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
FUNCTION: The SOCC Duty Officer reports to the Manager, System Operations Control Centre. The Duty Officer is responsible for overseeing all flight and ground operations while considering all factors affecting aircraft maneuverability such as, meteorological conditions, maintenance, load planning and communication.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Supervise System Operations Control Centre (SOCC) personnel while on duty.
* Motivate and engage team members by establishing an inclusive environment that encourages respectful and professional interactions at all times.
* Communicate positively and effectively to all team members; encouraging their participation in decisions affecting them.
* Oversee and manage the company’s flight and ground operations while on duty.
* Plan, direct, coordinate and communicate daily operational activities to all relevant Porter departments and outstation personnel.
* Liaise with government and airport authorities as it pertains to operational matters that occur while on shift.
* Responsible for the overall management and assignment of flights to be operated.
* Manage the delaying and cancellation of flights.
* Manage the recovery of the flight schedule during IROPS + 48 hours ahead.
* Analyze weather and ATC conditions to formulate plans to maintain schedule integrity.
* Ensure the timely dissemination of pertinent information to all departments impacted by aircraft swaps, flight delays, cancellations and any such details that may affect the operation.
* Ensure aircraft assignment that complies with MEL, corporate and maintenance requirements.
* Initiate the Porter Emergency Response call out when required.
* Coordinate the schedule for the SOCC.
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including, reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy.
* All other duties as assigned by the Manager, SOCC.
Departmental Safety Assurance Managers (DSAMs) from each operational department are responsible for the safety issues that arise in their own functional area. A DSAM has the knowledge and expertise to recommend effective preventative and corrective actions and the authority to assign the appropriate resources where required. As such, you are trained to conduct investigations and causal analysis of hazards, incidents, accidents, or findings of non-conformance. DSAMs are required to demonstrate a commitment to safety management. DSAMs are responsible to:
* Conduct thorough investigations of reported safety hazards, incidents, and accidents when required and providing thorough documentation of all evidence gathered during the course of investigation to the safety department.
* Identify contributing and root causes of reported safety issues using root cause analysis tools.
* Implement corrective action plans defined by SMS investigation and analysis and the collection of evidence of implementation.
* Conduct objective internal audit of the effectiveness of preventative or corrective action implemented as a result of an SMS investigation when required by the Safety Department.
* Participate in SMS committee as required.
* Achieve key departmental performance indicators determined through safety goal and objective-setting.
* Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
* Minimum of two (2) years in an airline operations centre or two (2) years’ experience as a Type A certified Dispatcher.
* One year supervisory or lead experience preferred.
* Working knowledge of CARs 705.
* Restricted Radio Telephone Operators Certificate.
* Ability to communicate effectively (written, oral, presentation) with all levels of the organization.
* Strong people manager and coach.
* Ability to multi task and manage numerous priorities at once.
* Working knowledge of Health and Safety practices, SMS and other relevant legislation.
* Ability to hold and maintain all required security clearances.
* Decision maker with strong planning skills and execution abilities.
* Excellent time management and organizational skills.
* Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport - YTZ
* Post Date July 10, 2017
* Reference ID 40-30-66
7 months ago
only 23 days until close
6 months ago
only 15 days until close
2 months ago
only 18 days until close
6 days ago
only 22 days until close