4 months ago
Airport Operations Manager
Apply by Date: Feb 4, 2018
Job Type: Temporary
Term in Months: 6
Shift: Shift Work
Number of Openings
Purpose of Position:
To provide active leadership on a duty shift basis, in overseeing and monitoring all aspects of Jazz operations at respective airport to ensure compliance of procedures and corporate standards are maintained while providing the highest level of safety and customer service, in support of achieving or exceeding the corporation's operational targets.
* Provide leadership support and direction to both AC and Jazz operational staff on a day of basis.
* Manage operational activities with AC, Airport Authorities, Jazz STOC Coordinators, CSMs, and Tow Crew.
* Manage Jazz operational employees, schedules, timekeeping, vacations, and part-timers schedules.
* Manage agreed upon accountabilities with direct reports and provide annual performance reviews.
* Coach and provide direction to employees to ensure consistent quality completion of responsibilities. Address individual performance issues as they arise following standard Jazz performance management practices.
* Participate in discipline, and union meetings, provide support and feedback.
* Participate in information gathering into grievance process and attend grievance hearing as required.
* Deliver evaluations to employees on the AMP.
* Management liaison between Flight Operations, In-flight Service, Maintenance, Jazz Airport Operations, AC Airport Operations and CAA to facilitate a cohesive operation.
* Maintain company emergency procedures/local airport emergency procedures and ensure employees remain current with said procedures.
* Ensure all aspects of the operation comply with security and safety regulations and procedures.
* Monitor and maintain all necessary reports and administer necessary follow up.
* Monitor operational delays daily, investigate and follow-up with corrective actions.
* Participate and provide reports at daily Jazz and AC operational review meetings.
* Recruit, interview and select new team members as required.
* Establish and maintain positive rapport/relationship with the CAA, AC, Transport Canada, CATSA and local union representatives.
* Communicate to staff information from various sources, such as Corporate, Marketing and Sales to ensure impacts on operations are identified and actioned.
* Create an open, honest and Team work environment.
* Provide regular Team meetings to direct reports.
* Develop a full understanding of the union contracts.
* Liaise with YHZ operations to ensure optimum routing of aircrafts, taking into account the parameters at the assigned airport.
* Liaise with Air Canada Manpower (advance / day of) to ensure 100% staffing complement for the handling of the Jazz product.
* Liaise with Air Canada MGO in relation to handling of related operations requirements.
* Participate at daily or periodic operational review meetings.
Other related duties as assigned.
Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, and the safety of co-workers and customers.
* 10 years work experience including at least 5 years industry related and experience in a unionized environment.
* Supervisory and/or management experience, in an airport environment.
* Proven leadership skills.
* Strong communication skills.
* Computer knowledge required.
* Previous airport customer service experience an asset.
* Is flexible and able to work shifts, including evenings and weekends.
* Bilingualism required in Montreal base (French and English).