2 months ago
Aloha and thank you for your interest in the Kona Airport Ramp Services Training Pool with Hawaiian Airlines!
Candidates who apply for this requisition may be invited for a group screening process, which will be held in the Kona area on Monday, October 2, 2017. Candidates who pass the group screening
will be invited for a final screening, which will be held on Tuesday, October 3, 2017. Travel to the screening sessions are the responsibility of the candidate.
Upcoming Recruitment Events
For a full listing of our upcoming recruitment events, please click
This requisition is for Kona Ramp ONLY. Positions are typically posted 3 - 4 weeks prior to the recruitment event and posted for a limited time only.
Please monitor our current openings page and apply for those positions when it is posted.
During training: Up to 10 days full-time, typically Monday - Friday. Training will be conducted in Honolulu and is unpaid. Transportation to and from training is provided.
If hired: schedules are awarded on a seniority basis. All shift schedules, including part-time, are 5 days on, 2 days off. Days off may not necessarily be consecutive. Schedules are set, however, may change throughout the year in conjunction
with the collective bargaining agreement.
Candidates with restrictions in their availability will not continue in the recruitment process.
Pay & Benefits:
Pay for the position is in conjunction with the Collective Bargaining Agreement as follow:
* Ramp Agent $10.71 per hour
* Contract Serviceman: $12.06 per hour
Medical, dental, vision and Hawaiian Airlines flight benefits are offered.
About the Airport Ramp Services Training Pool:
Candidates in the Airport Ramp Services Training Pool from this recruitment can be considered for the Ramp Agent or Contract Serviceman position.
If you are successful in the screening process and identified as a candidate to be considered for training, you will be placed into the training pool.
Final candidates from the screening process will remain in the training pool through April 30, 2018. Candidates not invited for training by then will need to re-apply for the training opportunity.
Candidates in the pool may be invited to attend training provided by Hawaiian Airlines, which is unpaid. The training session is two weeks (typically Monday – Friday). If invited to training, you will have an opportunity to learn general airline operations
and regulatory concepts.
Ramp Agents are Hawaiian Airlines employees who load and unload aircraft on Hawaiian Airlines flights.
Contract Servicemen are Hawaiian Airlines employees who assist other airlines with their ramp and cleaner duties. The other airlines contract Hawaiian Airlines to provide services for their flights.
* Loading, stowing and unloading of all cargo and baggage in accordance with flight loading plans.
* Pickup and delivery of all cargo, including mail, express, baggage, freight Company material, commissary supplies.
* Preparation, reporting and accounting of necessary documents relating to work performed.
* Cleaning of aircraft baggage pits and immediate work areas.
* Operation of automotive equipment in connection with the above duties, and only after proper training.
* Insert and remove chocks and safety lines.
* When mechanical personnel are not immediately available for the assignment, receive and dispatch aircraft.
* May also be required to perform the duties of Cleaners: limited to cleaning of offices in surrounding areas and aircraft. Such duties may be assigned only as the needs of the service require.
Note: candidates who were interviewed and not selected for the Airport Ramp Services and Cleaner Pool within the last six (6) months are not eligible to apply for this position at this time. Candidates must wait the
six (6) month waiting period to re-apply.
* Must have physical ability to perform above duties, including lifting 70 lbs. frequently and up to 120 lbs. occassionally
* Must have high school diploma or equivalency.
* Must have a valid driver’s license.
* Must be able to obtain a ramp license.
* Required to obtain proper restricted area clearances (AOA and Customs Seal).
* Strong customer service customer relation skills.
* Strong communication skills
***HAZMAT MATERIAL TRAINING PREREQUISTE- Per 14 CFR 121.1005(b) requires each crewmember and person performing or directly supervising any job functions involving any item for transport on board an aircraft to receive HAZMAT Training respective to their
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
Send This Job to a Friend